We Mike and Mimi just finished our week on the Epic and wanted to start a thread sharing info on our experience. We had a fabulous trip and were pleased with almost everything. Please share your experiences!!!
1. Our family deluxe balcony room was larger that we expected.
2. It had a nice size tub shower combination with shampoo and bath soap
3. Curtain and door deadbolt gave lots of bathroom privacy
4. Lots of storage space for all our clothes etc and room for luggage
5. Easy to watch TV while on couch or bed! Nice Big Flat screen
6. Toilet flush loud (no big deal except at 3AM)
7. Room service tag out each morning for continental breakfast gave us a wake up call and extra coffee with yummy pastries and fruit.
8. Beds and pillows were really great and we are spoiled
9. Service all over the ship was exceptional and warranted tipping
10. Suggest room close to elevator which always gave us the edge.
11. Back and front of ship much closer than it appears for easy walking
12. Restaurants all exceptional and we utilized 5 pays and 2 frees for dinner.
13. Ice bar is fun but suggest not wearing shorts and tips bring larger and occasionally an extra drink. We went twice and loved our picture.
14. Learned that servers get 8% of the added 15% gratuity and 2% for their helpers and 5% goes all over the ship.
15. The $12 a day covers their very minimum wage and everyone is on a 10 month contract and then they go home to be with families for next 2 months.
16. Perhaps the service is so great because those extra tips are really important to their financial survival. Most people are from the Phillipines and really have patience for an overdemanding audience. Lovely People!
17. Laundry is very expensive but 50% discount for pressing only first evening. No irons allowed so a chance de-crease your packed items.
18. Shanghai Chinese Restaurant and Churrascaria excellent food
19. Teppenaki not as good as Bennihanas but the entertainment by the chefs was close to an insane food fight. My husband loved it!
20. No lines from beginning to end. Sometimes had to wait for another elevator. Early deboarding not necessary. We had 11:30 Flight and were 3 hours early at Fort lauderdale. Wish we had stayed for Breakfast!
21. Spa services rather spendy! Suggest a Romance package for two 25 minute massages and manicure and pedicure. It was a better buy. One massage was by a disappointing amateur from South Africa unless you enjoy a tickle and the next by Sheila who was phenomenal and had strong hands.
22. Christopher tours in Roatan where we pre-hired our own van($80) and then who took us zip-lining (Extreme meant less walking and included 9 platforms)) with Pirates of the Carribean for $79 each.
23. Sunshine Tours purchased from Allpro through Viator gave us mini Rhino Jeeps for 5.5 hours in Cozumel with historic sites and some snorkeling or a massage on the beach. 2 piers in Cozumel so make sure where you are landing. We took a taxi to International Pier. Great experience!!
24. Casino was great. I was their guest and they sent refreshments to our room and instead of the Comp credits earned of $100 they gave me $580.00 which was a pleasant surprise. Plenty of machines!
25 Blackjack tournament for $15 entry goes on all week and I managed to win 3rd place and won a bottle of French Champagne and a t-shirt. First place was for $500 and met some fun people as competitors.
26 Our Room was 12075 where we had a "perfect" steward Gene and was very handy to Garden Buffet which has Breakfast Lunch and Dinner covered.
27. We talked to people in the studios who were delighted with their private living room and incredible bartenders!
28. We bought one Cola unlimited pass and it was easy for my husband to share his when I felt like a sip or two or three(