Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Familiar Face

Location: Quartzsite Arizona(winter) Ontario Canada(our real home)
Default Star-AH stateroom on deck 12

Has anyone sailed in the new AH or Aj cabins on the Star? Have not seen any photos of the AH on the forums. We are booked in the AH for 2/5/11 to the MR.
If anyone has photos, please post, excited about seeing these rooms..
Any suggestions for excursions in the MR? Dona
Sponsored Links
Old October 20th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springwater21 View Post
Has anyone sailed in the new AH or Aj cabins on the Star? Have not seen any photos of the AH on the forums. We are booked in the AH for 2/5/11 to the MR.
If anyone has photos, please post, excited about seeing these rooms..
Any suggestions for excursions in the MR? Dona
Why is no one posting pictures of the new AH cabins or giving reviews?? We are going to be in one in November!! Please post!!!
Old October 20th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Here are a couple of pictures of the AH cabins. Though they have no balcony they look quite nice and have all the suite amenities.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 21st, 2010, 11:31 PM
Familiar Face

Hi Mike-thanks for the pics. They are supposed to have a balcony and that's what all our docs say-it should be to the left of the bed in the picture.
Old November 5th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Familiar Face

the AH does have a balcony//the AJ-family suites do not have a balcony..Let us know what your thoughts are after you cruise in Nov. as we are in one of the 4(12512) in Feb. Thanks Dona
Old November 21st, 2010, 10:54 PM
Familiar Face

Hi-just got off the NCL Star-AH suite 12012! Loved the room! Tons of drawers, some we didn't even use. The two AH suites are patio to patio. Couldn't hear anything from the AJ? next door without the balcony so it was pretty private. We had Lucky for our butler and he was great but shy. Moses and Alberto were our room stewards and they were wonderful!! The same suites without the balcony are the same size but where our balcony was they have the couch and 2 chairs and coffee table. Where our couch was-they had a dining table and Murphy Bed on the wall. The TV was in a strange position-you had to be on the bed or on the sofa to see it-not both. Loved the big bathroom with the drawers. Nice ammenities. Will post some pictutes-feel free to ask questions. We did sneak a peek at the owners suite and the view out the front of the ship was spectacular but no balcony.

Terri
Old December 3rd, 2010, 07:48 PM
Familiar Face

thanks so much for posting your photos. We will be in 12512 in Feb. Glad you liked the suite. Did you eat in Cagneys for breakfast and or lunch? Dona
Old December 3rd, 2010, 11:18 PM
Familiar Face

Yes-we loved Cagneys for the lunch and breakfast. The service is so good and they even have a fruit/danish/cereal buffet in addition to the menu. They have the best sliders and fries for lunch!! We ate in Cagneys for dinner a few times also. There is a great waiter named Johnson-tell him hi for us! Also, the hostess for Cagneys is Charmaine (in the morning) and she is wonderful!! I would take some of those hooks that you could use in the room that can be taken off without damage. We could have used a couple. Also, the expresso machine makes tea and we didn't figure that out until the last couple of days and it was delicious! Have a great time!
Old December 4th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Familiar Face

was that the fridge sitting below the tv? Were there bath products in the restroom. Did you try the whirlpool tub? if there was one, and was it noisy? We have not been in a suite before, this will be a treat..Doing the Mexican Riviera for hubbys 65th b-day. Another couple are joining us and will be in a BA on deck 10. I had to tell them about not getting to eat in Cagneys for breakfast and lunch. They are early risers, as I am, but hubby is not. It will all work out, for sure. Thanks agin for your photos. Was the walk in closet a good size, and what do you mean by the hooks? Thanks Dona
Old December 4th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Familiar Face

Hi- no below the tv is just another little "dresser" with two drawers. I thought the wires hanging down from the tv were tacky but that's just me. The DVD player/library was nice when there wasn't anything we wanted to do. The little fridge was under the desk opposite, under where the expresso machine is. The bath tub wasn't a whirlpool. Yes, they had nice Elemis lotion, shampoo and conditioner. There is a jar with bath salts on the tub. I would have liked hooks for my nightgown or robe (they do supply the robes), or the hand towel. The closet wasn't really what you would call a walk in because they all had doors. It was in the little hallway off the front door on the way to the bathroom. It took some manuevering to get into two of them because you had to close the door to the bathroom. I will post some additional pics. Maybe it will be more clear.
Old January 31st, 2011, 06:35 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks for this thread! Great photos!
I have 12512 too..but I wont be seeing it for a long time! However, cant wait to see pics!
Old February 2nd, 2011, 04:45 PM
Familiar Face

we leave this coming saturday. We fly out of Yuma AZ for the hour flight to LA. First time to LA airport..If you are in Chicago, hope you are bundled up. Its sooo windy here today, and last night was too..We are on a lot in the desert with our 5th wheel trailer, thought I was already on the ship, we rocked and rolled..its also only 46f. not really typical for the southwest desert!!I wore my winter coat to town today..!!
Will try to post photos and do a review when I get back. I post over on cruise critic a bit.
Dona
Old February 2nd, 2011, 07:43 PM
Familiar Face

Dona-have a wonderful time!!
Old February 2nd, 2011, 09:43 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
we leave this coming saturday. We fly out of Yuma AZ for the hour flight to LA. First time to LA airport..If you are in Chicago, hope you are bundled up. Its sooo windy here today, and last night was too..We are on a lot in the desert with our 5th wheel trailer, thought I was already on the ship, we rocked and rolled..its also only 46f. not really typical for the southwest desert!!I wore my winter coat to town today..!!
Will try to post photos and do a review when I get back. I post over on cruise critic a bit.
Dona
Dona, have a great time! Yep I am on CC alot..thats where I first found your posts, and now feel like a stalker..lol..cause I did a search for this cabin #!

We have a trailer in WI....we almost live in it from May to OCt...lol..its a 40 ft'er..we cant move it though!
Yes, we are bundled up here...temps are going to drop very low , along with the 22 inches of snow we have, so its fun to read about others cruises now!!

At least you had your winter coat to wear...but seems so unlikely in AZ! Hubby went to ASU and thats our plan...eventually..1/2 yr in AZ, the other half in WI!

Have a fabulous cruise and enjoy the penthouse and balcony...only 4 of them on deck 12!!!
Old February 6th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiquehtr3 View Post
Hi-just got off the NCL Star-AH suite 12012! Loved the room! Tons of drawers, some we didn't even use. The two AH suites are patio to patio. Couldn't hear anything from the AJ? next door without the balcony so it was pretty private. We had Lucky for our butler and he was great but shy. Moses and Alberto were our room stewards and they were wonderful!! The same suites without the balcony are the same size but where our balcony was they have the couch and 2 chairs and coffee table. Where our couch was-they had a dining table and Murphy Bed on the wall. The TV was in a strange position-you had to be on the bed or on the sofa to see it-not both. Loved the big bathroom with the drawers. Nice ammenities. Will post some pictutes-feel free to ask questions. We did sneak a peek at the owners suite and the view out the front of the ship was spectacular but no balcony.

Terri
Hi, I'm new on this forum but I have been on Cruise Critic for quite some time. I found this post when I did a search for this room #! We're considering booking a penthouse on a Bermuda cruise for next year, and are trying to figure out whether we want this one or an aft on deck 9. I was just wondering if you could hear any noise from the running track above? Also, did the TV turn to face the bed at a good enough angle to comfortably watch? The ship will be docked in Bermuda for three whole days, so we'll probably be spending more time in the suite than we normally would, which makes room selection even more important!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tanya
Old February 6th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Familiar Face

Hi- Only noticed a little noise from above-not really a problem. We didn't hear any noise from the rooms next to ours, unless the people on the left were on their balcony. the room to the right didn't have a balcony and we never heard thenm. The TV did turn all the way around for watching from bed. The extra room was really nice and the balcony was very roomy. Let me know if I can help with any other questions!

Terri
Old February 7th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiquehtr3 View Post
Hi- Only noticed a little noise from above-not really a problem. We didn't hear any noise from the rooms next to ours, unless the people on the left were on their balcony. the room to the right didn't have a balcony and we never heard thenm. The TV did turn all the way around for watching from bed. The extra room was really nice and the balcony was very roomy. Let me know if I can help with any other questions!

Terri
Thank you, Terri!
Old February 13th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Familiar Face

we loved this room last week. The balcony is really nice, protected from the wind. Which there really wasn't any. The tv could be moved to view from the bed or the living area. They have fixed the look of the wires hanging down. Much nicer now. We heard NO noise from above or next to us. The only little bit of noise was kids next door coming back from the pool and entering the room. They were happy and excited.
There is a DVD album to pick lots of movies from, no charge. The butler bring them. We didn't watch any.
Our weather was perfect, very smooth sea wavelets. You do feel a bit of motion in the room. The king bed was extremely comfy. I could have taken the bathroom home. The 2 room steward were great.
We had lunch for 4 in the room, since there is no dining table, the coffee table must be used. It does make it a little uncomfortable, but we managed.
Cagneys was superb. I had the crab eggs benedict about 4 days. superb, superb!!
We only had dinner in Cagneys on the monday night to celebrate hubbys birthday. There were 4 of us, and it was-can I use that word again-superb!
We didn't eat in any other pay restaurant. Both main dining rooms, food was very good, service also good.
Blue Lagoon cheesecake is great..! unfortunately I had it about 3 times!
We did one show(we are not show goers) it was the vegas revue-not what I expected but ok. If you have questions let me know. I posted a review on CC today, but it is not on yet. Would I book the penthouse with balcony again-oh yes! Dona
Old February 13th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
we loved this room last week. The balcony is really nice, protected from the wind. Which there really wasn't any. The tv could be moved to view from the bed or the living area. They have fixed the look of the wires hanging down. Much nicer now. We heard NO noise from above or next to us. The only little bit of noise was kids next door coming back from the pool and entering the room. They were happy and excited.
There is a DVD album to pick lots of movies from, no charge. The butler bring them. We didn't watch any.
Our weather was perfect, very smooth sea wavelets. You do feel a bit of motion in the room. The king bed was extremely comfy. I could have taken the bathroom home. The 2 room steward were great.
We had lunch for 4 in the room, since there is no dining table, the coffee table must be used. It does make it a little uncomfortable, but we managed.
Cagneys was superb. I had the crab eggs benedict about 4 days. superb, superb!!
We only had dinner in Cagneys on the monday night to celebrate hubbys birthday. There were 4 of us, and it was-can I use that word again-superb!
We didn't eat in any other pay restaurant. Both main dining rooms, food was very good, service also good.
Blue Lagoon cheesecake is great..! unfortunately I had it about 3 times!
We did one show(we are not show goers) it was the vegas revue-not what I expected but ok. If you have questions let me know. I posted a review on CC today, but it is not on yet. Would I book the penthouse with balcony again-oh yes! Dona
Thanks for your review! So glad you enjoyed the cruise and the room! We were originally thinking of this room for a Bermuda cruise...now we're still thinking of this room, only for a Caribbean escape cruise from Tampa to New York next April. In any case, I'd love to see any photos you have, especially any of the balcony, if you have them.

Once again, thanks for the review!

Tanya
Old February 13th, 2011, 11:47 PM
Familiar Face

I'm so glad you had fun and loved the room!! Do you have pics??

Terri
Old February 14th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Familiar Face

Default AH-penthouse with balcony

Attachment 379

having trouble uploading the file photos. I could only get one in-I think.Dona.

ps-guess I'll have to read the directions again. I do have a balcony photo, its a very good size.
Old February 14th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Familiar Face

that didn't work..
Old February 14th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Familiar Face

Default photos from 2/5/11 Star in AH suite

s1182.photobucket.com/albums/x459/Springwater21

hopefully this will work. I spent 2 hours just getting these few on, our connection is slow.. Dona
Old February 14th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Familiar Face

didn't work. It does on the CC ncl roll call for 2/19 sailing.
Old February 14th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
didn't work. It does on the CC ncl roll call for 2/19 sailing.
Oh, thank you for all your hard work trying to get this photo posted! I really appreciate it. I'll hop over to Cruise Critic and check it out.

Thanks again!

Tanya
Old February 14th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Familiar Face

Default photos-2nd try

Old February 14th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
That works! Excellent! (I've just managed to check out the link on Cruise Critic, which also works, btw.)

Great photos. Looks like you had a fabulous time! I'll definitely be booking one of these AH penthouses just as soon as my TA gets back from vacation. Our first penthouse - VERY EXCITED! Did you eat breakfast at Cagney's?

Tanya
Old February 14th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Familiar Face

Much better look on the TV & wires-looks like you had a fabulous time!!

Terri
Old February 15th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Familiar Face

Cagney's-almost everyday for breakfast..the crab cakes benedict was to die for! Service was outstanding. We usually went about 7:30(opening) or at 8am. Never crowded.. it is not to be missed..Dona
Old February 15th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Cagney's-almost everyday for breakfast..the crab cakes benedict was to die for! Service was outstanding. We usually went about 7:30(opening) or at 8am. Never crowded.. it is not to be missed..Dona
My husband is really looking forward to breakfast at Cagney's. He's not a big fan of the hustle and bustle in the buffet, so being able to eat a terrific breakfast in a quiet area will be a nice change!

Thanks again for all your information!

Tanya