Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 1st, 2010, 04:06 PM
Beginner

Default NCL - Key West in Mid November

How is Key West in November? Are the bars fun during the day?
Any suggestions on which bars are the best?
Sponsored Links
Old October 1st, 2010, 04:20 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I don't remember the name of it, I think it is Harry's bar. As far as I know that is the bar that Ernest Hemingway used to hang out and back in his days at Key West.

To answer your question, the bars are pretty active even during the day especially on weekends. But it is a little early in the day to start getting sauced.
Old October 1st, 2010, 08:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I have heard tell of people doing pub crawls there..not sure how these get started though...I think the party hardy atmosphere is more obvious at night. Mallory Square,at sunset is a nice place to view the spectacular sun sinking into the horizon, and, if you see the green flash ...wowow! Lots of street performers too, but, sadly most ships, I believe, leave too early to participate

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 2nd, 2010, 12:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
I don't remember the name of it, I think it is Harry's bar. As far as I know that is the bar that Ernest Hemingway used to hang out and back in his days at Key West.

To answer your question, the bars are pretty active even during the day especially on weekends. But it is a little early in the day to start getting sauced.
Paul:

The bar that Hemingway frequented is Sloppy Joe's. There's usually a happy crowd there anytime of the day. There's also a good bar down on the waterfront that serves great mojitos.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 01:47 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Thank you for correcting me! I guess I was thinking of a different place.
Old October 7th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

The cruise lines are doing their own Pub Crawls too- don't know offhand if NCL offers one, but it's basically a walking tour of the pubs downtown, the Hogs Breath Saloon, Sloppy Joe's , Rick's - you get 5 drinks for the price of 4 and sometimes a T shirt..... you can find a lot online also, but they are mostly in the pm when the ships have departed. The Duval Crawl comes to mind... You can DIY just as easily...
I would take the Conch train tour of Key West, it is a narrated tour of downtown and then it tours around, and stops at places of interest for photo opportunities. Gives a great history of the place and drops you back off on Duval St.