Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 13th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to texaskreek06
Default Norwegian Spirit- Summer 2011- Cost Question

Hello, My wife and I are looking at taking the norwegian spirit out of New Orleans his summer with my sister and her husband. We would like an oceanview or balcony, and they would like a interior. Since we are not picky on a specific catagory, would we benefit any from waiting till last minute to book? My wife and I cruised on the Carnival Conquest in 2009 and booked ahead of time since it was our honeymoon cruise, but everyone is flexible this time within a few weeks. I have heard some say yes, and some say there is no benefit. Also if there is a benefit to waiting last minute, when exaclty is "last minute"? Any thoughts would be appreciated?

Thanks!
Old December 14th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Admiral

Problem, ships do sell out and balcony cabins particularly. Book now and watch the prices. If they go down prior to fianl payment date you will be able to get the price adjusted. We are going on the Spirit in about 2 months and booked in Aug. We got upgraded from outside to balcony and the price was great. Right now, the cruise is almost sold out and the outside cabins are $200 a person more than we paid for our balcony.

Nita