CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Help ! Jewel or Gem ? W/a 4 yr old (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/379094-help-jewel-gem-w-4-yr-old.html)

Block January 1st, 2011 03:46 PM

Help ! Jewel or Gem ? W/a 4 yr old

Which would be better for MY family.
What is true:
Mom, Dad and will be 4 yr old DD.
Have cruised many times. 3rd time on NCL.
Cruising Week Before Easter. ( No choice- husbands a Teacher)
We do not like to use payfor dining ..just NOT enjoyable with a young one at this point. We like to swim and snorkel. Itinerary is Port canaveral, private Island , Nassau. Haven't been to Ncl private Island..anyone's PI for that matter.DD only like Dora and Diego.

The Gem is a newer ship...But Jewel has Nickelodoen ??
Same Itinerary.

nmnita January 2nd, 2011 01:53 PM

they are sister ships but I haven't been on the Gem. I love the Jewel and nickelodeon would be great for your daughter. I don't think you can go wrong regardless of which one you choose.
oh, the private island should be finished with renovations by then I would think.
Nita

Mike M January 2nd, 2011 04:58 PM

On this one I have to say: Flip a coin.

They are just about the same layout with the same amenities and very similar activities.

Have a great cruise on whichever ship you take.

Take care,
Mike

Block January 2nd, 2011 09:18 PM

Renovations ????
Quote:

Originally Posted by nmnita (Post 1338958)
they are sister ships but i haven't been on the gem. I love the jewel and nickelodeon would be great for your daughter. I don't think you can go wrong regardless of which one you choose.
Oh, the private island should be finished with renovations by then i would think.
Nita

nmnita January 3rd, 2011 03:29 PM

are you questionsing my spelling, that wouldn't be the first time someone has or are you questioning what the changes are going to be and when?

If it is my spelling, I sometimes laugh at myself. I am dyslexic but am careless as well. If it is the changes, GSC was the first private island offered by any cruise line so it is very old. They are somewhat redesigning it, adding more activities and jsust generally updating it. I can't wait to see it or hear from someone who has (or will, I should add)

Nita

Block January 3rd, 2011 09:41 PM

Good lord..I'm the LAST person to question anyone's spelling.My spelling is awesome BUt my grammer is that of a 3rd grader. LOL.
I was asking about the refurb on the Island. I hope it's before we get there. We leave on the 16th of April. I've decided on the Jewel.
Quote:

Originally Posted by nmnita (Post 1339300)
are you questionsing my spelling, that wouldn't be the first time someone has or are you questioning what the changes are going to be and when?

If it is my spelling, I sometimes laugh at myself. I am dyslexic but am careless as well. If it is the changes, GSC was the first private island offered by any cruise line so it is very old. They are somewhat redesigning it, adding more activities and jsust generally updating it. I can't wait to see it or hear from someone who has (or will, I should add)

Nita

nmnita January 4th, 2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Block (Post 1339452)
Good lord..I'm the LAST person to question anyone's spelling.My spelling is awesome BUt my grammer is that of a 3rd grader. LOL.
I was asking about the refurb on the Island. I hope it's before we get there. We leave on the 16th of April. I've decided on the Jewel.

You will love the ship I am sure. As for the spelling, I just laugh it off when someone does comment, cause I know how bad it is. Now, for the inprovements, I think they should be finished by then.

Nita