Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 1st, 2011, 03:46 PM
Familiar Face

Default Help ! Jewel or Gem ? W/a 4 yr old

Which would be better for MY family.
What is true:
Mom, Dad and will be 4 yr old DD.
Have cruised many times. 3rd time on NCL.
Cruising Week Before Easter. ( No choice- husbands a Teacher)
We do not like to use payfor dining ..just NOT enjoyable with a young one at this point. We like to swim and snorkel. Itinerary is Port canaveral, private Island , Nassau. Haven't been to Ncl private Island..anyone's PI for that matter.DD only like Dora and Diego.

The Gem is a newer ship...But Jewel has Nickelodoen ??
Same Itinerary.
Sponsored Links
Old January 2nd, 2011, 01:53 PM
Admiral

they are sister ships but I haven't been on the Gem. I love the Jewel and nickelodeon would be great for your daughter. I don't think you can go wrong regardless of which one you choose.
oh, the private island should be finished with renovations by then I would think.
Nita
Old January 2nd, 2011, 04:58 PM
Administrator
Admiral

On this one I have to say: Flip a coin.

They are just about the same layout with the same amenities and very similar activities.

Have a great cruise on whichever ship you take.

Take care,
Mike

Upcoming Cruise(s) Carnival Liberty: May 31, 2014. The Anniversary Getaway.

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 2nd, 2011, 09:18 PM
Familiar Face

Renovations ????
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
they are sister ships but i haven't been on the gem. I love the jewel and nickelodeon would be great for your daughter. I don't think you can go wrong regardless of which one you choose.
Oh, the private island should be finished with renovations by then i would think.
Nita
Old January 3rd, 2011, 03:29 PM
Admiral

are you questionsing my spelling, that wouldn't be the first time someone has or are you questioning what the changes are going to be and when?

If it is my spelling, I sometimes laugh at myself. I am dyslexic but am careless as well. If it is the changes, GSC was the first private island offered by any cruise line so it is very old. They are somewhat redesigning it, adding more activities and jsust generally updating it. I can't wait to see it or hear from someone who has (or will, I should add)

Nita
Old January 3rd, 2011, 09:41 PM
Familiar Face

Good lord..I'm the LAST person to question anyone's spelling.My spelling is awesome BUt my grammer is that of a 3rd grader. .
I was asking about the refurb on the Island. I hope it's before we get there. We leave on the 16th of April. I've decided on the Jewel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
are you questionsing my spelling, that wouldn't be the first time someone has or are you questioning what the changes are going to be and when?

If it is my spelling, I sometimes laugh at myself. I am dyslexic but am careless as well. If it is the changes, GSC was the first private island offered by any cruise line so it is very old. They are somewhat redesigning it, adding more activities and jsust generally updating it. I can't wait to see it or hear from someone who has (or will, I should add)

Nita
Old January 4th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block View Post
Good lord..I'm the LAST person to question anyone's spelling.My spelling is awesome BUt my grammer is that of a 3rd grader. .
I was asking about the refurb on the Island. I hope it's before we get there. We leave on the 16th of April. I've decided on the Jewel.
You will love the ship I am sure. As for the spelling, I just laugh it off when someone does comment, cause I know how bad it is. Now, for the inprovements, I think they should be finished by then.

Nita