Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 12th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Jimbo_Bost
Question Epic questions

I'm very excited about booking the Epic transatlantic in Oct 11. Got some really good prices. What i was wondering..... is there a surcharge for any of the shows? What about the special "relaxation area" in the spa? Amybody know how much that costs? How far in advance can one make reservations for shows, dining, excursions? I hear that these can be made on line? This is my first "solo" cruise, I know that the studios are small. Has anybody tried them? Just wondering about the experience. Jimbo
Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo_Bost View Post
I'm very excited about booking the Epic transatlantic in Oct 11. Got some really good prices. What i was wondering..... is there a surcharge for any of the shows? What about the special "relaxation area" in the spa? Amybody know how much that costs? How far in advance can one make reservations for shows, dining, excursions? I hear that these can be made on line? This is my first "solo" cruise, I know that the studios are small. Has anybody tried them? Just wondering about the experience. Jimbo
I was on the Epic this past October in a studio and loved it. The whole studio area requires the use of your key card so it feels like your little part of the ship. I also enjoyed the daily, 5:30 pm, solo gatherings in the living room.

The only shows that require a surcharge are the Cirque Dreams Dinner, which $20 for regular seating and $30 for premium. I paid for the regular and sat upstairs, which I believe is the best seats in the house as there is very little obstruction to viewing the show. The only time was when the actors were positioned under the balcony area, which didn't happen that often. The premium seating guests may become part of the show, but there is a risk of getting seats where you can't see parts of the show or you have your back to the show, so you need to turn around, which I think would make eating a bit hard.

The other show that had a charge was the murder mystery lunch. The charge for that is $20. I quite enjoyed it, the event is run by the Second City troupe. The meal was kind of boring, but I thought the show was fun. I think it depends on the crowd and what kind of input they give the actors as to how well the show goes.

While no surcharge, if you want to make requests to the musicians at Howl at the Moon, they do expect to be tipped. From what I understand some musicians push more than other. The group that were on when I was, were almost obnoxious in their demand for money. Of course it didn't help to have a passenger who kept giving them more and more money and buying them drinks. For example they'd start a song and say if anyone would pay $1 they'd stop and play what that person wanted, well this lady would give them $20, so then it would be $21 to request another song. However, the show itself was very enjoyable and I was there twice till it finished.

I believe, but I'm not 100% sure, that the spa pass is $119 for a single. However I'm not sure if the price would go up for a longer cruise. I'm sure someone here will correct me if I have the price wrong.

You can book the entertainment and speciality restaurants 45 days prior to the cruise.

Anyway I will be very anxous to hear about what you think of this cruise and what the weather is like and what the activities onboard are like as I've booked the same itinerary for Oct. 2012.

Are you planning on going a few days ahead of time?
Old January 14th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Jimbo_Bost

Thanks for all the info, I know I'm gonna have a wonderful time. Going two days early to check out Barcelona. Got a $10 flight Bos to BCL using my miles, NICE Jimbo
Old January 14th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I was going to respond to this thread but Wando told you everything you need to know.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me