Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 31st, 2011, 01:23 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default spirit from new orleans, any hotel suggestions?

I'm going on a family cruise in august on the spirit, I'm looking for any hotel suggestions. or transportation suggestions like: hotels who offer shuttle service or close to the piers without being far from local attractions. we're going down two days early to sight see and explore. thanks all
Sponsored Links
Old January 31st, 2011, 06:29 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by marageez View Post
I'm going on a family cruise in august on the spirit, I'm looking for any hotel suggestions. or transportation suggestions like: hotels who offer shuttle service or close to the piers without being far from local attractions. we're going down two days early to sight see and explore. thanks all
I am curious too!
Old January 31st, 2011, 07:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

If you're spending 2 days in NOLA I think you really do want to stay somewhere central to access all the fun.

For hotels, it depends on what budget you want to work with. I enjoyed staying at Harrahs, and a good location, but it's pricey. Hilton Riverside is another good location. There's Hampton Suites Convention Center, which is decent location as well... and all three are close to the port.

There's certainly more boutique hotels around the French Quarter, if you want to stay somewhere with more of a "N'awlins" flavor.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 1st, 2011, 08:32 AM
Admiral

I would agree with Kuki, it depends on your budget. Aug should have decent rates I would think. We like the Hampton Inns, they are a little cheaper and 2 of them are in good locations but I don't think either offers transfers to the pier.

We did try a bontique hotel near the French quarters last time, but unfortunately it was closer to a disaster than a place to recommend.

As for transfers from the airport, I would suggest you try checking on line with "airport transfers, New Orleans to downtown" We are a group traveling in a few weeks, that is what those arriving together did.

Nita
Old February 2nd, 2011, 10:35 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default thanks

thks nita and kuki!!!!

i'll try those properties.
Old February 10th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Welcome Newcomer

You should google (Park and Cruise New Orleans). I know that the Marriott at the Convention center has a Park and Cruise rate. These are usually very good deals because to park at the terminal can easily run over $100 for a 7-day cruise.

As far as New Orleans is concerned. Wow. I love New Orleans. If you are going in August depending on their schedule their may be a Preseason NFL game that Saturday Night, there is the aquarium and tons of tours. And then there is all the food.
Old February 15th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via MSN to bigdogs4

We stayed at the Intercontinental and had a great time.Very clean and great room accomodations. We are both ladies in our late 50's,relatively active so we opted to walk to some of the areas such as Bourbon Street, Harrah's and also to the Riverwalk the day of our cruise. Many great places to dine along the way or in the area. The public transportation is available there in the form of the bus or the historic trolley line which are both very inexpensive. loads to see and a very friendly "walking town".
Old March 3rd, 2011, 06:39 PM
Welcome Newcomer

We are also headed to NOLA in June for cruise. I have looked into some of the hotels mentioned but am so confused about how to book for pre/post stay. Arrival Date - obvious
Departure Date - the next day (when we board) or after our last day (the day after we return since we will be spending an extra night in NOLA)

Any and all help is appreciated
Old March 5th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Admiral

we stayed at the Hampton Inn, downtown, just a block or so from Burbon Street and really liked it. A few in our group said the Drury Inn had a good deal including drinks and apptizers at night.

As for how to book, I am not quite sure what you are talking about? You would obviously book for the day prior to your cruise: crusing on June 4th, you would want to book a room for June 3rd but booking after the cruise you would book the date the cruise is over.

NIta
Old March 30th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Welcome Newcomer

THANKS EVERYONE, IM LOOKING INTO MOST OF YOUR SUGGESTIONS NOW. I CANT WAIT!!

@ alwaysbelieve

YOU NEED TWO SEPARATE HOTEL RESERVATIONS. YOU DON'T WANT TO HOLD AN EMPTY HOTEL ROOM FOR A WEEK (WASTE OF MONEY).

EXAMPLE:
CRUISE DEPARTURE DATE 8/21/11
CRUISE RETURN DATE 8/28/11

MY HOTEL RESERVATIONS WILL BE
CHECKIN 8/20/11-------- CHECK OUT 8/21/11

CHECK IN 8/28/11-------- CHECK OUT 8/29/11.
HOPE THIS HELPS.
Old April 7th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Smile Spirit Cruise/NOLA

We are going on this cruise in Dec. We are staying at the Springhill Suites, which is part of Marriott. Their price is really great. It's near the terminal and Harrahs. We are parking at Fulton Place Parking Center. It's near both and $12.00 a day, which is cheaper than some of the hotels. They also have free shuttles to restaurants, cruise terminal etc.