Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Smile Alaskain Cruise.

Ok so, im going on NCL Star on a Alaskain Cruise. Can anyone of you tell mo how it went. Im just wondering, but i really want to know how it went. So some people I asked, said it was amazing and others said it was not that good. So please tell me. Thank you (:
Sponsored Links
Old March 7th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi Abrooksie: We were on that cruise last May, besides being a little on the cold side
we had a really good time. The scenery was wonderful, we went on the excursion to the
mendenhall glacier and to the salmon bake had a great time. Many went on the train ride
at Skagway and said it was well worth it. As far as the ship it's self this was the second
time we had been on the STAR, the other time was to Mexico. They were upgrading and
adding some suites up front I think those are done now, as far as the Food all I can say
is that we never went hungry, Blue Lagoon is always open and included, Cagney's is always great, Le Bistro is also very good, buffet on Lido has a good variety of foods and
there is always plenty of choices. That being said, I'm sure someone else will tell you
everthing was awful, I found out a cruise is what you make it, go with an open mind and
plan on having fun even if no one else does. Remember even in summer Alaska can be a
little chilly so bring a hoodie or jacket and some long pants just incase.
Have a Great Cruise.