CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/)
-   -   need advise about nassau (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/381136-need-advise-about-nassau.html)

viv26 March 13th, 2011 12:41 PM

need advise about nassau

going to nassau and I was wondering what beaches are there near the dock that are clean and safe. Atlantis wants 120.00 pp for the day, that is just to much . So if anyone can give me some info would really love it
thanks
viv

Trip March 13th, 2011 01:28 PM

Check out the day rates at Comfort Suites, next door to Atlantis,and see if the price is comfortable for you. Here is a blurb about it...good luck

Comfort Suites prime location is really its biggest selling point - guests are practically on the doorstep of the Atlantis resort and have full access to their fabulous facilities including their beach, pools, full service spa, tennis, Atlantis Kids Club and the amazing Aquaventure featuring 9 waterslides, river rapids and a lazy river ride as well as full signing privileges in all their restaurants and lounges.

viv26 March 13th, 2011 04:48 PM

thanks I will do that
viv

viv26 March 22nd, 2011 07:15 PM

call them 370.oo ish for a room no day pass

nmnita March 23rd, 2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viv26 (Post 1361570)

wow, pricey huh? I think I would try a ships tour even though we rarely do this.

Nita

2katz3fsh April 4th, 2011 12:27 PM

When we were there at Xmas, we went to Sheraton Cable Beach Resort for the day. We paid $99 and got a room on first floor facing pool/ocean. We were given beach towels, had the run of the hotel/beach/pool (but paid for our own meals/drinks), chairs, umbrellas, and even saw Santa on the beach giving out presents, and a surprise parade from the Junkanoo. It is about a 15 min drive from the ship ($8 one way for 2 people via taxi). We plan on going back next cruise, I might add. You may enjoy it!

love2cruze926 April 10th, 2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viv26 (Post 1361570)

Along with the price of the room at Comfort Suites you do get a pass for the Atlantis. Four ppl per room and you get a pass for 4. You can take advantage of the day you check in and the next day as well. As a cruise ship passenger you only need it for 1 day though. We stayed on Paradise Island last summer in a vacation rental for a week and reserved a room at Comfort Suites for 1 night since we were told everyone staying at Comfort Suites has full access to the Atlantis. Well it was true and well worth it. Day passes in the summer can be limited if you get them on your own and not through the ship. Some posted on Tripadvisor.com mentioned that she was shut out of a day pass because they were sold out. I wouldnt recommend getting them on your own. Either rent a room at Comfort Suites or get them through the ship. A day pass at Atlantis is $119 so depending on the time of year you go and the price of the room at Comfort Suites may be better.

lissa_rocks_11 April 27th, 2011 07:42 PM

when I went I went on a private tour. The beach was nice and there wasn't a giant crowd. It was nice and we saw way more than when we were out on our own.

cherylroy May 6th, 2011 09:21 PM

Personally I'm not spending much in Nassau - ONLY because we are there for only 6 1/2 hours! Whats up with that!

nmnita May 9th, 2011 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherylroy (Post 1369753)
Personally I'm not spending much in Nassau - ONLY because we are there for only 6 1/2 hours! Whats up with that!

if you have been there before you would understand why only 6 plus hours...rofl