Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2011, 04:24 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Proposal on the Star

hi everyone,

I will be on the Norwegian Star in june going to alaska with my girlfriend. I wanted to propose to her during the cruise. i have seen a few ideas so far, with proposing while on the mendenhall glacier in juneau my favorite right now. but any other ideas would be greatly appreciated, i just want it to be perfect.
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2011, 04:44 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

The main thing is that you get down on one knee and ask her if she will do you the honor.

I like the Glacier idea - because it is a memorable spot. But I could also say things about the concept of a "glacier" as it relates to marriage and somehow I can't think of much positive symbolism.

Another idea would be to book one of the nicest restaurants on board - like Le Bistro - and ask her during dessert - some place where you are all dressed up. That her memory will be of you in nice clothes instead of a mukluk.

But listen - these are just thoughts - any place that feels right to YOU is what you should do. Everyone is unique.
Old April 1st, 2011, 04:51 PM
Familiar Face

Hi!

We've been to the Mendenhall Glacier twice now on two cruises to Alaska's Inside Passage (2003 and 2009) and it would be a beautiful place to propose! However, you won't be able to propose "on" the Glacier unless you take some kind of helicopter glacier trek excursion that will actually land you right on the Glacier. You can only get so close by land at the Mendenhall Visitor's Center because the glacier has water between it and the Center.

The top of Mt. Roberts might be a lovely place to propose, too. You can
ride anenclosed tramway gondola from the cruise ship dock in downtown Juneau through the rain forest to the 1,800-foot level of Mount Roberts for one of the most expansive views in Southeast Alaska. You can see the Chilkat Mountains to the north, the Gastineau Channel to the south, west to Douglas Island, and east into Silver Bow Basin, where gold was discovered in 1880. Depending on the weather, there are sometimes lovely mists covering parts of the view as you look down the mountain.

The area at the top of Mt. Roberts is not particularly pidturesque--there's a small theater, gift shop, snack bar and some exhibits--but you could find a romantic spot a little ways away from those areas with "a view."

Good luck!
2003 Mississippi Queen
2004 HAL Westerdam
2005 Norwegian Jewel
2007 Norwegian Sun
2009 HAL Westerdam
2010 RCI Vision Of The Seas
2011 HAL Nieuw Amsterdam
2014 Norwegian Jewel
Old April 4th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default thanks

Luths,

Thanks for the confirmation. It looked like i would have had to take a helicopter to get on there. Unfortunately i was told there will be no helicopter rides the week i will be there. So thanks for an alternate suggestion. I was starting to feel lost with all the ideas since i was pretty set on the glacier. I will look further into that spot. Keep the ideas coming if you've been to any nice places while on a cruise in Alaska.