Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2011, 11:38 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Smile Rum Runner Flask Questions

Hi All,
This will be my first time Cruising, I am going on the NCL Pearl to Alaska this Fall. I had a few questions about using Rum Runners to smuggle some alcohol onboard.
1-has anyone used them on NCL? or on Pearl? Successful? If not-how to improve? (I hear NCL is the hardest cruise line to sneak alchy on)
2-is there a best way to pack them in your check-on or best location to place them?
3-are the smaller RR bags better than the larger ones (less conspicuous?)
4-if you get them successfully on-board, can you keep them out on a table or do u need to hide them when u leave the room? (i hear they make ur room/bed twice a day-would the maids care?? best place to hide them?)

any info you could offer is greatly appreciated. the more details the better. thanks so much

ps-i dont mean to offend anyone by asking about smuggling alcohol. please keep it positive. I have saved for a long time to get on my first cruise and would simply like a drink before dinner. thanks
Sponsored Links
Old April 16th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Familiar Face

We have used the Rum Runner flasks and they are great. No leakage! We have not used them on NCL but are planning to in October. The last cruise on Carnival and before that on HAL we had no problems with them. Filled them up and stuck them in our packed shoes. They come in all sizes and we too enjoy a short cocktail in our cabin. We still give the bars on the ship plenty of business!
Star Princess-Alaska 2008
Star Princess-Alaska (again) 2009
HAL Oosterdam - New Year's 2009 into 2010
Carnival Spirit-Baja Birthday Cruise 2010
NCL Spirit - W Caribbean Bday Cruise Oct 2011
Island Princess -Alaska to Denali 2012
Coral Princess - Panama Canal 2013
2014 Booked - Azamara Barcelona to Monte
Carlo
2015 Booked - Carnival Dream to Caribbean

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 13th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Do it!

10 cruises later, Rum Runners never let me down almost every line =) Also make sure you put the actual runner in a ziplock bag for actually protection. You can google how and where to place them (can't give up too many secrets) lol, also size doesn't matter two large ones will do you good =).