Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 10th, 2011, 12:24 AM
Familiar Face

Default Debarkation time upon return

I'm on the NCL EPIC 4/30 = 5/1 and although the agent at NCL told me the ship returns at 7am, when I received my docs it says 8am - I also saw a note that says debarkation begins at 19 am ! I have a flight at 11:00 am ... Am I in trouble or do they have an early debarkation for early travelers ?
Sponsored Links
Old April 10th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Admiral

This is true of the UK, and I guess will work in a similar fashion across the globe ....

Most lines have what is called 'self help disembarkation' which allows you off the ship as soon as all the customs formalities have been completed. HOWEVER you MUST be able to carry off ALL your luggage with you in one go, you will not be allowed to return to the ship to collect more, and will not be allowed to put your luggage out the night before to collect in the shed as you pass through it.

The other things to consider are the transfer time to the airport & the check-in time at the airport, with possibly long queues as well.

I would defiinitely contact

(a) the cruise lines to see if they do have self-debark & what you have to do to apply for it. If you can get their authorisation in writing before the cruise, then do so, just in case the front desk aren't aware of the system.
(b) the airline for check-in information
(c) a cab coompany to book the transfer & find out transfer times in what could be the rush-hour.

Good luck,

Alan

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam, Aza.Journey
Old April 11th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Familiar Face

Default Debarkation from EPIC ?

Thanks for your response.I contacted the cruise line and they said some ships are different. ?? They told me to contact the pursers desk the night before we arrive back home and see if they can do anything? Does anyone have any recent experience in the EPIC when you returned to Miami ?