CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/)
-   -   NCL VIP Status (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/382008-ncl-vip-status.html)

WingsOfAngels April 19th, 2011 05:37 PM

NCL VIP Status

Has anyone cruised on the Norwegian Peal and had VIP status? A girlfriend from Australia & I have started a really basic travel blog, and she is writing a series of articles for an Australian paper about our cruise (May 8, 2011, Alaska Inside Passage). We were granted VIP Status by NCL, and wanted to know exactly what that entails. Would appreciate any information. Thanks! :D

Kuki April 20th, 2011 01:29 AM

Well, that really depends.

You'll get priority boarding to start with. Most likley you'll have use of the Concierge services onboard, who'll make restaurant reservations for you, and try and fill any special requests.

You'll also most likely be granted access to some of the "suite amenities", like breakfasts held for suite guests in the steak house, and a couple of cocktail party invitations. Perhaps you'll be invited to dine with the Captain or some of the officers, and likely an invitation to the bridge.

If you receive some of all of the above, plus a few extras... well, it depends :)

Enjoy!

WingsOfAngels April 20th, 2011 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuki (Post 1367023)
Well, that really depends.

You'll get priority boarding to start with. Most likley you'll have use of the Concierge services onboard, who'll make restaurant reservations for you, and try and fill any special requests.

You'll also most likely be granted access to some of the "suite amenities", like breakfasts held for suite guests in the steak house, and a couple of cocktail party invitations. Perhaps you'll be invited to dine with the Captain or some of the officers, and likely an invitation to the bridge.

If you receive some of all of the above, plus a few extras... well, it depends :)

Enjoy!

Thanks so much for all the info! Its actually my first time cruising, so I wasn't sure what to expect. After I posted the thread, I found a couple bits of info about it online, but it was kind of vague. I'm really looking forward to the cruise!! Thanks again!!

WingsOfAngels April 21st, 2011 02:19 AM

Just thought I would pass this along.. I received an email from my contact at vacationstogo.com the one that my girlfriend and I am taking the Inside Passage cruise through, regarding the VIP Status. This is a list of what she said the VIP would include what is listed below. Thanks again for your help.:) (This is for our trip on the Norwegian Pearl)

*Ameri Prosecco, In Room upon Arrival
*6 Chocolate Covered Strawberries
*Invitation to VIP Party
*Priority Tender Tickets & Disembarkation
*Concierge Service
*Welcome letter form Captain upon arrival verifying VIP Status
* 2-for-1 dining one night in an alternative restaurant of your choice, Teppanyaki and A La Carte priced items not included