Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 1st, 2011, 04:47 PM
Admiral

Angry Ncl dawn from boston to bermuda prices

Has anybody checked out the prices for a SEVEN day cruise from Boston to Bermuda...CANNOT BELIEVE THE PRICE!!!!! We have gone trans-atlantic for that price!!! Is it because it is a home port? For mid-June and a balcony they want over $4,000.00 for two..
Sponsored Links
Old May 1st, 2011, 05:17 PM
Captain

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Mom View Post
Has anybody checked out the prices for a SEVEN day cruise from Boston to Bermuda...CANNOT BELIEVE THE PRICE!!!!! We have gone trans-atlantic for that price!!! Is it because it is a home port? For mid-June and a balcony they want over $4,000.00 for two..
I just looked and found two cruises from Boston to Bermuda one for $729 and the other for $749 both on Norwegian and both prices for Balconys and 7 days.
Old May 1st, 2011, 05:24 PM
Captain

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhill View Post
I just looked and found two cruises from Boston to Bermuda one for $729 and the other for $749 both on Norwegian and both prices for Balconys and 7 days.
I am sorry I was wrong for 7 night cruise to Bermuda with a balcony on Norwegian in mid June is $1069 per person.The other prices I stated were for diffrent months
Old May 1st, 2011, 06:07 PM
Admiral

Default Exact Dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhill View Post
I am sorry I was wrong for 7 night cruise to Bermuda with a balcony on Norwegian in mid June is $1069 per person.The other prices I stated were for diffrent months

Specifically was looking at the 17th of June the price I got and saw was approx. $1800.00 and that didn't include the taxes, etc. directly from NCL. That is an outrageous price for NCL and a 7 day cruise
Old May 1st, 2011, 07:06 PM
Admiral

Wow! Sorry to hear it is so expensive.
Old May 1st, 2011, 08:03 PM
Admiral

Default Expensive cruise from boston

The cruise ships to Bermuda going back to the Royal Majesty have always been very, very popular here because of the convenience to many New Englanders who can just drive or those who do not want to fly. We ourselves have done the Bermuda cruise the minimum of a dozen times. It seems even with the larger Dawn coming in NCL and a few other cruise lines have a captive audience. This week was needed for personal reasons, but I refuse to be held up. The only plus is that it is going to the Dockyard in Bermuda which I have seen from the beginning of it's renovations until now it's completion. The other thing we love about cruising to Bermuda is that the ships sit there for three days before heading home.. No, new port every day...but three days in Beautiful Bermuda.. Until the Dawn was deployed to NYC the NCL Majesty was he most re-booked ship in the NCL line.
Old May 1st, 2011, 08:48 PM
Admiral

We are going to Bermuda from NYC this summer
Old May 1st, 2011, 08:49 PM
Admiral

PM, it's not just the cruise you posted. I've been trying to find a reasonably priced cruise for next year and the prices are unbelievable! I'm truly afraid that all of the "general" cruise lines (NCL, Carnival, Princess, HAL) are going to find many people booking inside cabins (or not booking at all!).

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old May 1st, 2011, 09:01 PM
Admiral

A great number of our friends are booking cruises for 2011 and 2012 .No matter how high the prices may go up its still the most economical way to travel.
Old May 1st, 2011, 10:11 PM
Admiral

Default Bermuda from new york

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
We are going to Bermuda from NYC this summer
Yes, we checked out the Celebrity Summit from New Jersey and for 7 days I think they are out of sight too.... If Parrot pop were in better physical shape we could fly to Florida.. the only plus is there is now bus service from this area to Bayonne
Old May 2nd, 2011, 12:18 AM
Admiral

Default Not New Jersey

Quote:
Yes, we checked out the Celebrity Summit from New Jersey and for 7 days I think they are out of sight too.... If Parrot pop were in better physical shape we could fly to Florida.. the only plus is there is now bus service from this area to Bayonne

HAL Veendam from Manhattan to Bermuda.
Old May 13th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default DON'T Do It

My friend and I just got back from a 9 day Carribean Cruise on the Norwegian Dawn and it was the worst cruise we have had. The food was BORING and repetative!!! Often cold. Their desserts were banana bread and some kinds of rubber pudding type stuff.......EVERY MEAL....EVERY DAY!!!!
Our cabin walls creeked continuously. We were told it was because of rougher seas!!! The waters were calm.
We complained about one of the excursions but she basically laughed in our face her smile was so big!!!!
We were NOT allowed to leave the ship when we needed to because of their "colour" rules and if not for the Delta Airline" personnel, would have missed our flight. There was no one waiting to get off..... and no excuse to not let us off the ship!!!!
BUT..... the ship DID go into dry dock after we left.... if that is going to fix the walls?????
We will NEVER sail Norwegian again..... The only person that seemed to care was our Cabin Stewart.
Oh Ya..... they didn't tell us it was the DAWN that the lady fell off the balcony a while back and drown!!!!!!! Would have not made a difference, but would have been nice to know!!!!

Quote:
Old May 19th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern View Post
PM, it's not just the cruise you posted. I've been trying to find a reasonably priced cruise for next year and the prices are unbelievable! I'm truly afraid that all of the "general" cruise lines (NCL, Carnival, Princess, HAL) are going to find many people booking inside cabins (or not booking at all!).
fern, you are right and I just checked the Dawn for Parrotmom, the least expensived outside cabin (not balcony) is 1199 which includes port charges but not taxes. I think we are seeing a trend. Part of it: we have gotten so spoiled with the dirt cheap prices in the past 5 or 10 years we are having trouble with the newer ones and add to that port charges keep going up. we have no control.

We are cruising on the Sun next Feb, always we book balcony, this time it is outside only for us unless the prices come down.

Nita
Old May 19th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaNow View Post
My friend and I just got back from a 9 day Carribean Cruise on the Norwegian Dawn and it was the worst cruise we have had. The food was BORING and repetative!!! Often cold. Their desserts were banana bread and some kinds of rubber pudding type stuff.......EVERY MEAL....EVERY DAY!!!!
Our cabin walls creeked continuously. We were told it was because of rougher seas!!! The waters were calm.
We complained about one of the excursions but she basically laughed in our face her smile was so big!!!!
We were NOT allowed to leave the ship when we needed to because of their "colour" rules and if not for the Delta Airline" personnel, would have missed our flight. There was no one waiting to get off..... and no excuse to not let us off the ship!!!!
BUT..... the ship DID go into dry dock after we left.... if that is going to fix the walls?????
We will NEVER sail Norwegian again..... The only person that seemed to care was our Cabin Stewart.
Oh Ya..... they didn't tell us it was the DAWN that the lady fell off the balcony a while back and drown!!!!!!! Would have not made a difference, but would have been nice to know!!!!
just to let you know, speaking for myself and yes, Parrotmom who I happen to know: we are not new to cruising or NCL so it isn't necessary for you to inform up how bad NCL is in your opinion. Remember that is all it is; your opinion. Or BTW, there are several dessert choices nightly..

I wonder why you think they would have mentioned to you someone fell overboard? This is something that happens for various reasons on ships from time to time and I have never heard of the management infomring the passengers of this after the fact.
Nita

Last edited by nmnita; May 19th, 2011 at 12:36 PM.
Old May 19th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Nana, why would you think NCL would inform you of someone going overboard? If you look back over time, most of the overboards have been on other lines.

Sad stories such as this,get told on the news, in newspapers, and, on the web...you want to know, you have to,read, look and listen. The owness is on you to know, not for them to tell you. And, as you mentioned, what difference does it make. None.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 19th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Admiral

Default NCL/Versus Celebrity or Princess

Quote:
If you go back and read my review of the NCL Gem.. you will read an honest report of the food which except for the specialty restaurants we found mediocre compared to Celebrity or even the Princess. You get what you pay for!!!! We have/had sailed NCL more than a dozen times and 12 times at least to Bermuda and once on the Gem trans-atlantic. One of the things that I find fascinating is that even in this economy there are people on this board who have booked two or three cruises in a year.. Frankly, I won't sail on an inside cabin nor not have a balcony (although because of it's itinerary I might have on the Dawn to Bermuda).. I want what I want!!!! But I have said that Iwill not pay that outrageous price for a 7 day trip to Bermuda. What we paid for seven days on the Soltice last May in an AQ class, handicapped cabin was way, way under $1,000. Granted we had to fly to Ft Lauderdale and stay at a hotel overnight but even with that...it was more than reasonable. People cruise for the itineraries and the itinerary that NCL was offering was far better than the Celebrity ship we had talked about...Now, I know the difference.. I'm sure the Dawn will be gorgeous when it's out of dry dock, I don't know if it's beginning to sail out of Boston yet. I only really wanted to go to Bermuda one last time (probably the 13th) but I refused to pay almost double the $$ for NCL compared to Celebrity.. There is a captive audience in New England and they are taking advantage of it..
Old July 5th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I am going on the Dawn in Oct out of Boston the price with taxes and port charges is $640 pp. So depending on the time of the year it will affect pricing.
Old July 5th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Right, the shoulder seasons, will always be less expensive.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 12th, 2011, 08:36 AM
First Mate

That's why we did an OV, last year on the Spirit. Missed the balcony, but the price was much less.
Old August 1st, 2011, 03:45 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
1. Did you only eat in the buffet? That would be a shame, particularly if you were unhappy with it. In the free Main Dining Rooms and in the free Blue Lagoon, there are many other dessert choices. Even at the buffet, I think there's more thatn rubber and banana bread. And in the MDR there are multiple, different choices for every course (soups, salads, appetizers, entrees and dessert) at dinner EVERY day.

2. Creaky walls? Bummer. Ear plugs are always good to bring.

3. Excursions...without more information, your line about the complaint and response of staff isn't useful.

4. Disembarkation: Did you read in your Freestyle Daily about disembarkation and did you go to the cruise directors talk about how you disembark? You had the option to walk off anytime with your own luggage (after the ship has cleared customs), and are given at least 24 hours notice about this practice. You keep your luggage with you, instead of setting it out the night before, and you can walk off with your bags at your leisure. They need to avoid a big group of people standing around waiting for their luggage at the port. It clogs things up and makes it difficult for port and customs agents to do their jobs.
Old August 2nd, 2011, 12:11 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Right, the shoulder seasons, will always be less expensive.
Forgive the newbie question...but what time of year is considered the "shoulder seasons"?
Old August 2nd, 2011, 07:23 AM
Admiral

Default Shoulder season

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjoannr View Post
Forgive the newbie question...but what time of year is considered the "shoulder seasons"?
For the NCL Dawn to Bermuda that would be September to October.