Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 22nd, 2011, 06:49 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Project Breakaway?

Did anyone else listen to the conference call for Project breakaway?

I thought it was really odd that neither Kevin Sheehan or Andy Stuart mentioned "free-style" by name.

It is like they are trying to erase the past.

And I am sorry - but the giggling during their conference calls is just making me crazy..... I can't stand it. That is the goofiest bunch of executives I have ever encountered. The fact that the cruise line loses money quarter after quarter doesn't seem to hurt their ego any...

Sorry to rant - I just find it to be very unprofressional. You never hear a Royal Caribbean conference call where everybody is giggling all the time, including the Senior Vice Presidents.
Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2011, 06:49 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Pictures of cabins

By the way - here are the project breakaway cabin shots
Attached Images
File Type: jpg break.JPG (36.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg breakaway-balcony.jpg (14.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg ncl1.JPG (45.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg ncl2.JPG (38.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg ncl3.JPG (46.0 KB, 11 views)
Old June 22nd, 2011, 06:51 PM
Administrator
Admiral

more pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ncl3.JPG (46.0 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg ncl4.JPG (73.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg ncl5.JPG (51.1 KB, 8 views)
Old June 22nd, 2011, 07:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

The shower no longer has an opaque door. Also, the sink is back in the bathroom.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 22nd, 2011, 07:30 PM
Administrator
Admiral

The bathroom also isn't in the stateroom. It's in an actual room by itself. I don't think they will make the same mistakes as they did on Epic. The Wave is gone and the "communal commode" is also gone.

I know they are just renderings but the Mini-suite doesn't look much larger than the balcony cabin. Epic's "D" Deluxe cabins are now categorized as mini-suites. This is ridiculous. If you've had a mini-suite on a Jewel or Star class ship you will be extremely disappointed in an Epic mini-suite.

Hopefully, Project Breakaway will take what they did right with Epic and keep it and take what they did wrong and fix it.

Take care,
Mike

Upcoming Cruise(s) Carnival Liberty: May 31, 2014. The Anniversary Getaway.

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 22nd, 2011, 07:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I also think the cabins look way too sterile, cell like

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 24th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Administrator
Admiral

The thing that gets me is that Older NCL ships have the BEST bathrooms I have ever seen...

You walk in to the sink area. To your left is a sliding door and inside is the toilet, to your right is another sliding door and inside is the shower. No one can see (or hear) you when you are in either the shower or the toilet.

Now - I know MOST cruise bathrooms are configured like Breakaway, so I am holding it to a higher standard, but only because I know NCL can make the best bathrooms at sea when they want.

This is an OK design for a bathroom, it is roomy with plenty of storage, but I really expected them to go back to the 3-room bath design, because it seems logical that was what many NCL guests were used to - and that is possibly one reason why they disliked the Epic bathrooms soo much.

I just don't understand the decision making at NCL anymore. Colin Veitch made a lot of mistakes, but I always thought his ideas were good ones - meaning the Hawaii ships, project America, etc. They just didn't work, but they could have succeded wildly under slightly different circumstances.

But now it just seems that NCL plows ahead - wasting money where they can't make it back, for example - why have the best entertainment at sea, as on Norwegian Epic, but make it so complicated to see the shows because the venues are too small? They have to have four or five performances of Blue Man Group just to make sure everyone gets to see it. On most ships two runs of any one show is enough.

Same with their Dueling Piano and Second City shows - GREAT entertainment, but the showroom is so small they have to close the doors when it reaches capacity.

This means that if you don't have a reservation you might miss one of the best shows entirely, and at the least you will have to wait a long time to get - after all the people with reservations have been seated.

Is there any other ship where every show requires a reservation? Not that I know of...