Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 3rd, 2011, 02:26 AM
Familiar Face

Default Best mini bahamas cruise

Hi,

Looking to do a cruise with some friends - 4 or 5 girls. We are going to go in October or November on a 3 night cruise.

We are debating between Carnival Imagination, NCL Sky, Monarch of the Seas, and Majesty of the Seas. Carnival is about 280 a person, NCL about 320 a person, and RCL about 320 a person (each including taxes).

Carnival does not have the private island. What will the weather be like in October and November? Will it be hot? Is it likely the ships will dock at the private islands, or is this the time of year they usually skip them?

Which would you choose? Is NCL or RCL worth the extra few bucks? What's differences in activities? How do the ships themselves compare, and what's some differences in entertainment (live music / bands, shows, variety entertainers...)? Is there a calypso pool band? How about a party band to listen to at night?

Thanks so much for any information.
Sponsored Links
Old September 19th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Admiral

Personally, I would pay the bit extra to go to NCL's private island. It is one of my all time favorite places in the world. Also, NCL has the best entertainment. These are just my opinions. Been on the Imagination as well and enjoyed it thoroughly.
Marty
Old September 19th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Admiral

I don't like to say negatives about any line or ship, but I would never sail Majesty of the Seas. We did and it was probably the only cruise we have taken (over 25) that was not a positive experience. The Sky is a pretty good little ship.

Nita
Old September 25th, 2011, 05:53 PM
First Mate

Easy, Majesty and Monarch are amazing. Sailed on both ships as recent as August and both were great. Sailed on these ships many times, a great cruise experience. Majesty is a bit nicer as she as Johnny Rockets?
Old September 25th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Explanations of what went wrong on the Majesty would be helpful. I sailed the Majesty twice and loved her..a beautiful ship. granted, these cruises were a while ago.....what went wrong nita.?

I do agree the entertainment on the NCL was wonderful.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 25th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Familiar Face

The Disney has their own private island...But you figure one you get on a 3 day cruise ship will be time for dinner and then the next day will be in port, and party then will be almost time to go home, So will be kinda rushing, But thats my opinion. I love 7 day cruise espically on the Carnival Dream, So much to do......Happy Cruising...