Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 24th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Can U eat all U want in the Specialty Restaurants on the Gem?

I know in the main dining rooms you can order as much as you wish, but what about the specialty restaurants, like the sushi bar or the tapas restaurant..cna you do the same?
Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2011, 06:15 AM
Admiral

Tapa and Sushi, as far as I know yes, the others you cam have only one entree but as many apptizers, salads, etc you want. Believe me, after eating a salad, an appitizer and maybe soup you wouldn't want more than one entree.

NIta
Old August 27th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Admiral

Only in America eh?
Old August 27th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Administrator
Admiral

As Nita said: You can order as much as you want at the Tapas and Sushi bars. My wife and I have also split a pasta dish at the Italian restaurant on Jade or Jewel (I can't remember which ship it was.) The other restaurants you are limited to one entree but multiple appetizers and you can order an additional dessert if you wish. I have ordered two bowls of Clam Chowder at Cagney's. It is very good. However, I was unable to finish my steak because of that.

Believe me, you will not be hungry when you leave. I can put away a large amount of food when I want and I have always left stuffed when going to a NCL specialty restaurant. OK, there was one time at Tapas, on the Jewel, where I left hungry because the food was not good. (Only bad meal I've ever had in an NCL specialty restaurant) We left there and went to the other side of the atrium and had fish and chips at the Blue Lagoon.

Go and enjoy. You will be more than satisfied.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 27th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Admiral

Interesting because on a British ship I would say it is virtually unheard of to order more than one of anything, in fact a lot of people (not me) don't even eat all the courses. We have asked for extra veg. & that complicated things enough.