Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 10th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Admiral

Default "Cruise Like A Norwegian" Campaign Announced

I just posted the latest news from Norwegian Cruise Line here in my blog. The line wants to refresh their brand name with a new catchphrase and in so doing, also further distance the company from the Colin Veitch era.
Sponsored Links
Old October 10th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to fun2cruiz

So I guess those that choose to dress formal will now be donning these:
Google Images

"January"
Blizzard Flavored Treat & Cake Of The Month
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old October 10th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Admiral

Yes, that fits under a sub-category of "dress like an idiot".
Old October 10th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Admiral

I just finished a webinar with Norwegian and have to say I am favorably impressed with their new approach, at least from a marketing perspective. The line is spending a lot of money on this, with an advertising blitz over the next 5 weeks including ads on top network TV shows such as NCIS and Dancing With The Stars.

Further, their goal is to nurture a community of "Norwegians" who are brand loyal, promote the brand to others, and feel a sense of belonging. I know that must sound sinister to some, but Norwegian has always struck me as being behind the curve as compared to RCI and Carnival when it comes to cultivating brand loyalty.

Freestyle will remain but not be the main emphasis that it has been. Their research showed that people new 'freestyle' better than the name of the cruise line, so now they plan to emphasis 'Norwegian' and use freestyle to compliment it.
Old October 10th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Freestyle will remain but not be the main emphasis that it has been. Their research showed that people new 'freestyle' better than the name of the cruise line, so now they plan to emphasis 'Norwegian' and use freestyle to compliment it.
Well, maybe that, and the fact that the other cruise lines all put their own versions of "freestyle" in place.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 10th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I have to tell you I really liked that commercial..the music, the settings, the visuals..much better than RCI's, Get out here, in my opinion.

So, I guess, I will shop like a middle aged, Jewish lady, with swollen ankles.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; October 10th, 2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old October 10th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Captain

I also attended the T/A webinar and even though I don't have a single client that will even entertain the idea of being a "Norwegian," I do like the campaign. Hopefully I will like the "Epic" even more in a couple of weeks ;>)

As a side note, "NCL" is doing the same thing to me as an agent that made me dislike them as a consumer, ignoring a customer service "concern." They ignored my concern when it was posed as a question for last month's webinar and to date it has been ignored when pushed up to Vivian's desk a couple of months ago. So they spend all of this money marketing yet fail to realize how quickly the internet allows people to "tell a friend" via computer etc.
Old October 10th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Admiral

Norwegian turned me off many years ago and to be honest I don't recall any specific reason, just a feeling.

I would like to cruise with them after this new corporate persona is rolled out and has had time to get some roots.

Kuki, I believe Princess actually started the freestyle thing in a limited way, before NCL hijacked it. Excuse me, I mean Norwegian and not NCL.

But yes, they have all boarded the freestyle bus and it is no longer unique.