CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Lobster night on the Epic? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/387186-lobster-night-epic.html)

Trip January 20th, 2012 06:14 PM

Lobster night on the Epic?

I am in the process of planning one of our our group dinners for our Cruisemates Group cruise in March, and, would like to know which formal night, they serve lobster. Hubby missed it last time, and does not want a repeat:) Thanks.

ship2shore January 27th, 2012 05:56 AM

We too looked foreward to Lobster Night on the Norwegian Pearl last year, as my son LOVES lobster. Sadly, it was not edible.

(Honestly, if a cruise line is going to go through the expense of offering lobster, at least make sure its cooked properly)

Cant tell you which night lobster was served (dont remember) but I do remember it was a well guarded secret. We had to ask several times, and I do recall it was early in the cruise.

amiable March 3rd, 2012 07:31 PM

A cruisemate told me that you could get lobster any night you wanted it in the specialty restaurants if you wanted to pay extra. Just as a backup in case you miss formal night.

bonnyprincecharlie March 11th, 2012 02:56 PM

Is it Maine or cold water lobter or South African or Caribbean lobster or is it crayfish tails.

One cruisemate said, the lobster tails served on cruise ships are actually crayfish tails. The crayfish look just like lobsters but do not have large claws; and they taste like lobster.

Another said that she was from Maine and these were South African lobsters.

Who's telling the truth and does it make a difference.

Trip March 11th, 2012 03:52 PM

On one early cruise, it was actually called Maine lobster...ya right...not! Hubby was disappointed. To the best of my knowledge,and I eat them very infrequently mind you..I believe they are Caribbean loster tails. Maybe an expert lover will check in.

bonnyprincecharlie March 27th, 2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1420060)
On one early cruise, it was actually called Maine lobster...ya right...not! Hubby was disappointed. To the best of my knowledge,and I eat them very infrequently mind you..I believe they are Caribbean loster tails. Maybe an expert lover will check in.

Did you find Lobster night. Give details. Want to know if you got any more info on what was served.

amiable March 29th, 2012 05:08 PM

Did you have lobster on the Epic?

Did you have lobster on the Epic?

Trip March 29th, 2012 08:00 PM

Lobster night was the first night onboard..very odd to me..we were dining in Moderno that night...no lobster for us.

bonnyprincecharlie March 31st, 2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1422477)
Lobster night was the first night onboard..very odd to me..we were dining in Moderno that night...no lobster for us.

Oh.This is too bad, but at least you got to eat at Moderno.was it good. Did you enjoy the salad bar? The salad bar is a meal in itself. Glad you got something good on trip.

Trip March 31st, 2012 10:29 AM

They sure do present a beauitful salad bar...One thing we noticed right off was, they are not serving full cold shrimp...they slice it in half. :cry: