Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 9th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Familiar Face

Default Do Epic single rooms have refrigerators?

I was told that there were no refrigerators for drinks in the singles rooms on Epic? Is this true?
Sponsored Links
Old February 13th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiable View Post
I was told that there were no refrigerators for drinks in the singles rooms on Epic? Is this true?
I heard the same thing. The people pay for the rooms but don't get refrigerators. They must give two for one drinks or something like that to compensate. Where do they keep the wine that they order at dinner and keep for the next meal? What do you think?
Old February 13th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

After seeing the solo cabins, not sure they would have had room for a fridge, say, vs more storage.

If you order a bottle of wine at dinner, the staff removes it, and it is tagged to be brought to your table the next time you dine.

I will be on the Epic soon,and can't wait!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 13th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

No - they do not have fridges in the studio staterooms to the best of my recollection.

I will be on the CruiseMates cruise in a studio stateroom. I am looking forward to it, too.
Old February 13th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
No - they do not have fridges in the studio staterooms to the best of my recollection.

I will be on the CruiseMates cruise in a studio stateroom. I am looking forward to it, too.
Thank you for the information about the lack of refrigerators. I see that NCL is bragging about the new ship they are building with more single cabins based on their success with the Epic single cabins. I wonder if the cabins on the new ship will have refrigerators. I also wonder if the cruisemates who use these cabins even care that they do not have refrigerators and the availability of beverages in the cabin rather than having to go to a get pop from a vending machine or to the bar for a more potent drink or for the wine they purchased at their last meal to be dispensed to them at their next meal?
Old February 14th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I have stayed in these rooms before, and I can tell you that (1. I culd be wrong but I don't think so), and 2. a lot of cruise staterooms do not have fridges and it doesn't seem too be a big deal. You can get ice & a drink whenever you want, by calling room service or going to the "Living Room" - the shared living area for all of the studio staterooms.

In all, they are very comfortable and utile, for one person.
Old February 14th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I'll be concerned about refrigerators in the staterooms when they start making putting refrigerators in the stateroom that actually keep things cold.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 29th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Captain

I checked the NCL site and I see that the single suites on the new ships - Breakaway and Getaway - will not have a fridge. They sites do say that they will continue to offer all the plumbing fixtures of the Epic. Also, I note, two people can occupy these single suites. I wonder how much the second passenger will have to pay. Probably the same as the first passenger. I will have to check when pricing is available.
Old February 29th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Originally they designed the Epic single suites to be for two people, but at a lower price. Then they realized two things; they are too small for two people, and they can get a higher per person price when they sell them as solo.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 06:42 PM
Familiar Face

Just watched video on utube of about a european ship. The video showed that soft drinks, beer, etc are set on a counter top in the room. No refrigerator. Do they do that in the Epic single suites?
Old October 31st, 2013, 08:05 PM
Familiar Face

No fridge but there's an ice bucket that is constantly kept full in the room.
Old November 1st, 2013, 11:39 AM
Administrator
Admiral

That's right, no fridge. There us a lounge area not far away and vending machines for soda and snacks.