Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2012, 12:48 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Price reduction

Booked a ncl cruise in jan and paid in full. Price has gone down 50.00 they say they don't give refunds, but a customer service gesture of a onboard credit of $25.00 which is 25% of the difference, is that right? Am already not liking NCL
Sponsored Links
Old February 21st, 2012, 01:11 PM
Admiral

In the UK on P&O we get NOTHING & sometimes the price goes down by literally Thousands of pounds for two. People cancel lose hundreds in deposit & rebook a better cabin for less....crazy I think.
Old February 21st, 2012, 01:47 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Price reduction

They have a price gauarntee but only good for 48 hours. Doesn't anyone have any other recomendations.
Old February 21st, 2012, 01:49 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Unfortunately that is the way it is ....

All of the curise lines used to have some sort of price guarantee but over the years they changed all of their policies and made it so the price you pay is what you are stuck with...

But look at the bright side, you got to make all of your show and dinner reservation before everyone else.

Plus - you did the right thing by asking what they would do, and a $25 credit is better than nothing.

The airlines wouldn't give squat, nor would a hotel. If you buy a TV a Costco and the price goes down after a certain amount of time they don't give you a refund. So, really, why should a curise line be any different (logically speaking?)
Old February 21st, 2012, 01:50 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Price reduction

[QUOTE=Angela65;1416660]They have a price gauarntee but only good for 48 hours. Doesn't anyone have any other recomendations. Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Old February 21st, 2012, 01:58 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I booked the day after concordia, and did ask about reductions, just because it seemed logical, don't misunderstand we got a great price, but it does not float well that the price went down. And it seems that the supervisers give the oh well to bad so sad, already the customer service ncl gives is bad. Called the corporate office listed on the web site and turns out the hamster mill sends me back to the supervisers who were already doing me big favors.
Old February 21st, 2012, 02:13 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

The price guarantee is what it is - how far out is your cruise? I assume less than 90 days?

I am sorry, but I feel you are beating a dead horse here. Like I said, an airline or hotel would not lower the price for you, cruise pricing is based on a strict set of rules - deposits, final payment, refunds, etc. They don't change them just because you ask.

I think you were lucky to get the onboard credit and you have done all you can, please don't let $25 difference ruin your whole cruise experience.
Old February 21st, 2012, 08:07 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I did not take the 25.00 I took the room upgrade instead. Thanks for your post.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 12:40 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
The price guarantee is what it is - how far out is your cruise? I assume less than 90 days?

I am sorry, but I feel you are beating a dead horse here. Like I said, an airline or hotel would not lower the price for you, cruise pricing is based on a strict set of rules - deposits, final payment, refunds, etc. They don't change them just because you ask.
Airlines and hotels do not do price guarantees, we all know this. Fact is, the cruise lines did until recently. Comparing airlines who never offered the guarantee to cruise lines that used to is an apple and orange comparison. The reality is it became cost prohibitive for the industry to keep such a guarantee in place and as mature adults we understand this and can comprehend it as well and expect people to explain it in such manner. The ones who don't accept that reasoning will be unreasonable anyways.

I always book my cruises in advance; at least one year. I personally think if you like the dates, cruise location etc. and are willing to pay the current rate, have to see the advantage you get to choosing your room location instead of settling for a room location/deck. One of my future cruise I have booked for my family is in 2014. I booked my DOS at 2011 prices. I have no doubt the prices will go up and in 2014 I will have a bargain for the price of my room.