CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (
-   Norwegian Cruise Lines (
-   -   Norwegian Spirit (

1bubbie June 2nd, 2012 12:24 PM

Norwegian Spirit
We are thinking of the 12 night Mediterrean cruise on the Norwegian Spirit.
Has anyone been on this cruise and ship? THere are some negative comments I have seen on line and I am not sure if this is the right ship to go on. THank you.

mmbcater June 3rd, 2012 02:01 AM

I am anxious to read the comments-we are booked in June 2013 for this ship as well!

NewCruiseJunkie June 11th, 2012 10:56 PM

Spirit Cruise
My first ever cruise was 7 days on the Spirit. Personally, I enjoyed it greatly. It is an older ship and does show a little age, but the bathroom in the room we were in was much larger than I expected. It was an interior room and had a walk in shower with a glass door...Our traveling companions had the same size shower, but I don't know what cabin class we were in.

We found lots of places to be alone and play games as well as lots of places to be with other people.

I suppose it depends what you are expecting...but we had a great time and have been on two cruises since then and have two more booked...all with NCL

glassslipper2012 June 12th, 2012 09:07 PM

We are also considering a cruise on the Spirit in summer 2013. One thing that seemed problematic is that you can't seem to get a balcony cabin for 4 people - if you want to bring 4, and have a balcony, you need two cabins. Very odd. The ship also seems to have just one pool, and no adult only area. We are also considering a Carnival cruise with similar (but not as varied) ports - that ship seems much nicer, and they will let us cram 4 people into one balcony room!

mikeandlynne September 1st, 2012 09:22 PM

Hopefully info you got is wrong. We are going on the same cruse......

Tralynn September 20th, 2012 06:07 PM

The Spirit is a beautiful ship with an Asian decor flare. It doesn't have a pool slide and is a bit more elegant. The entertainment was fantastic and the crew provided great service. I was happy with my cruise on the Spirit.