Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 18th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Red face Norweigan Breakaway - Past Cruiser - 1st time cruising with an baby

Hello All,

I used to use this site years ago when DH and I were dating and used to go on cruises annually. However, we haven't been on a cruise in 6 years so I'm a little out of the loop.

DH and I just became 1st time parents in February to a beautiful baby girl. She is 4 1/2 months old now. If we do cruise, she will be 17 months old then. My family is thinking about taking the new Norwegian Breakaway next July.

My questions are: How do they accomodate a baby? Do we have to bring our pack and play on board or do they provide a crib?

What age do the children's activity centers start at? Would she be to young to go with the babysitting service if I wanted to put her in their little camp for a few hours? (I might not even put her in, but I'd like to know my options.)

I could always go to the website and research it but I'd rather get feedback from real cruisers.

I'd really appreaciate any input you have!!

Thanks a bunch!!
Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Welcome to Cruisemates!!...This is a good ship because of the freestyle dining,and you can tailor your dining times to the baby's schedule. Lots of great dining options on NCL. A couple of things you have probably already thought of: Don't bring her into the pool, if she isn't trained by your cruise, and if by chance you go to a show,and she gets cranky, bring her outside of the theater,and try and make her comfortable, to go back in.

Both of these situations could be upsetting for you, because some people will not be sublte about their being annoyed. It's best for you to react first.

Another thing is, you could bring a blow up pool to set up by your chairs around the pool.

If you bring a fold up carriage for her in port...some ports have cobblestone streets, which are a pain to push on. As far as the onboard activities, I am sure you will get some helpful postings, from other young parents.

Enjoy the anticipation of the cruise, and, your littlle one, Ella....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; June 18th, 2012 at 06:24 PM.