CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Norwegian Gem (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/390871-norwegian-gem.html)

Lakers Fan July 26th, 2012 10:19 PM

Norwegian Gem

Has anyone cruised on the Gem and if so would you recommend it ?

Lakers Fan August 2nd, 2012 05:06 PM

Has no one here ever been on the Gem ?

Trip August 2nd, 2012 05:57 PM

I sailed on the media cruise from Boston, in a blizzard. I really enjoyed the ship,and would sail her again.

Lakers Fan August 3rd, 2012 02:11 PM

Thanks for the input ,Trip .

chrissy3427 August 5th, 2012 08:22 AM

I have had two friends who have sailed on the Gem, one actually only a few weeks ago, said they loved it; very nice ship and amenities...

Lakers Fan August 5th, 2012 04:33 PM

Thanks ,my children are cruising on the Gem for their next cruise .

NicSqu August 8th, 2012 03:41 PM

Hi - We (Mom 35, Dad37, Teen 15, Kid 7) just got back from a 7 day Cruise to Orlando and the Bahamas, on the GEM , and we LOVED LOVED LOVED IT , granted it was our first real vacation, but the state room was perfect, the service was impecable, with a friendly staff that always went above and beyond what was expected! One of the things I kept saying over and over again is wow, this food is HOT , like really HOT , and everything we ate was great! I feel like I should say something bad just to balance my review, so here it is, the buffet food was good, there was a lot of people , and so much to do and see - I needed like 3 more days at leased and I walked ALOT ! back to the good stuff, the bartenders knew my husbands name, (and drink) the pool side waiters knew mine! the slide attendant and all the kids club crew knew my daughters name and I didn't see my 15 year old son the entire time we were there :) The cruise director Ken and asst Joel, were great - funny and personable and great ! The band Groove international was very cool ! We ate when we wanted too, 5pm, 7:30, 12:30am, Pool side BBQ's were yum! We went to the French , Italian and Asian fusion (cover charge, dinning) all worth it ! So As you can tell YES , I would recomend it , and when you see Ken, Tell him we said Hi!

Lakers Fan August 22nd, 2012 12:57 PM

My wife and I decided to join our children and make it a family cruise .

Betty03258 November 12th, 2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers Fan (Post 1443142)
My wife and I decided to join our children and make it a family cruise .

Have you sailed on the GEM yet? If "yes", what tips do you have? What did you like, not like?

Lakers Fan November 13th, 2012 10:26 AM

We will be sailing next summer.

Betty03258 November 13th, 2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers Fan (Post 1454636)
We will be sailing next summer.

Thanks for the response. Hope you all enjoy your family cruise.
Betty