Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2012, 03:16 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Question Anyone cruising on the Pearl the week of the 2nd to Alaska (September)?

My wife and I are, it is her first cruise ever and she is very excited! I have been on a Carribean Cruise (Princess) way back in 1993. I am also very excited, though my son is bummed because I will fall behind him in leveling our characters in Guild Wars2 which releases this Friday. Yes I am a gamer, have played a few MMO's but mostly World of Warcraft (over 5 years) and not a bad player considering my age (56). What kind of Internet connection will the Pearl have cruising up the inside passage?

Another question I have is about how much dress clothes should we pack? Is there a "Captain's Dinner"? Am I right in guessing that the temperatures will be in the 40 to 60 range (Fahrenheit)?

Thanks for any information you can provide.
Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2012, 04:35 PM
Captain

Internet connection on the ships is very expensive and very slow. At least that was our experience.
Dress is more casual on the Alaskan cruises. There will be a couple of "formal" nights but there was no problem for men wearing sports coats and ties. This is a hot topic with many different opinions.
We haven't been to Alaska in Sept however the weather changes a lot, sometimes in a short period of time. I'd certainly expect rain for part of your trip. For our trips in early August the weather ranged from low 80s in Juneau to pretty chilly in Glacier Bay or at Hubbard glacier.