Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 17th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Familiar Face

Default specialty restaurants

I will be on the Sun next summer to Alaska(first time on NCL) and was wondering if in some of the restaurants the menus are out in advance or if the menus in each of these restaurants are the same each night.
i guess i m rambling -lol-just trying to know how to go picking which night i d want to eat in which restaurant

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old January 2nd, 2013, 09:01 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Each restaurant has a 'basic' menu and one or two daily specials. The main dining rooms tend to have more daily specials, the specialty ones less.

I have always found 'Le Bistro' to be the best, Cagney's has been a disappointment on a couple of occasions. I have been on 4 NCL cruises (5th coming up in August to Alaska) and I seem to have about 40 or 50% of my dinners in one or other of the specially restaurants.

I often see complaints about the 'up charges' for the specialty restaurants. The way I look at it I've paid for the equivalent of a meal in a local 'family' restaurant which I would probably pay well under $20 for, the meal I get in the specialty restaurants (and pay an extra $15 or $20 for) is the equivalent of the meal I would get in a high end establishment which would cost me $50, 60 or more - a pretty good deal from my point of view!

Enjoy Alaska....... and the cruise!
I intend to! ;-)

Last edited by dragon1; January 2nd, 2013 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Spelling error