Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 28th, 2013, 12:02 AM
Familiar Face

Default NCL Epic and Breakaway

How does the Norwegian Epic and Breakaway compare with other cruises for solo cruisers. Are there a larger number of solo cruisers on these ships? If so what are the ages and sexes?

Though NCL advertises these cruises are for singles, the cost of the single cabin on these ships at around $900.00 a person for a 7 day cruise costs is about double of the cost per person of around $450.00 for a 7 day cruise of a double occupancy cabin on other ships. In other words a single person could go on any ship and pay the single supplement for less then the lowest price cabin on the Epic and Breakaway.

Single cabins for solo travelers are a good idea but if saving the cost of the single supplement is the reason, it does not appear to be accomplished by these cruises. Am I missing something here?
Sponsored Links
Old April 16th, 2013, 01:54 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Send a message via AIM to jimrazz Send a message via Skype™ to jimrazz
Default NCL Epic Pricing

Just doing a quick check for single occupancy pricing for the cheapest Inside cabin on the Epic on a cruise sailing 11/23/13, the Vacation Fare was $1478. For a Studio the price was $999. When you stay in a Studio you get to use the lounge dedicated to those passengers. They also have events to meet and mingle. There are less Studio cabins on the Breakaway than they have on the Epic and they usually book fast.
Old April 28th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

It is worth paying a little more to go on Epic or Breakaway as a solo cruiser. These are the only ships where you have a set meeting place for singles 24-hours/day, so you can almost always some people to share dinner/tours, etc. with....

I have sailed their solo program and it is praise-worthy. Much better than sailing a big ship with no singles program at all (the average cruise ship).