Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default NCL orders second Breakaway "Plus" Ship

NCL has put in an order with Meyer Werft for a second Breakaway "Plus" ship.

Read our article about it here: http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...NCL-130718.cfm

In their press release they stated.

" We officially confirmed an order for a second “Breakaway Plus” cruise ship with MEYER WERFT for delivery in spring 2017. Along with the first Breakaway Plus ship, which is scheduled for delivery in October 2015, these two new ships will be the largest in the our fleet at approximately 163,000 gross tons and 4,200 passenger berths, and will be similar in design and innovation to Norwegian Breakaway!

I can't wait until the additional ships are in service. Breakaway's current itineraries are not enough to make me sail her but I'm looking forward to having more choices and better itineraries.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Sponsored Links
Old August 8th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

It seems to me those are going to ne very big and crowded ships - over 160,000-tons with most of the extra space going to staterooms.

We have finally received some reviews from Breakaway - and people are saying the ship is nice but very crowded - including the Waterfront.

The same is true of some of the newer Carnival ships - they are really packing them in.