Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 27th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Admiral

Default Question about NCL's Ultimate Beverage Package

I am planning a Western Med cruise on the Norwegian Epic for May/June 2015 and am considering the Ultimate Beverage Package. Since I am booking a studio, I am only worried about myself. I do need to know the pricing breakdowns, on average, for liquors and cocktails on board, and if anyone knows the price of sake on board that would be helpful in making my decision as well. Also, any exceptions within the price range would be helpful. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Found this, it might help. You will need to add the 15% on top of the drink prices.

http://cruisewithgambee.com/norwegian-drink-lists/

Old December 31st, 2013, 08:49 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentnail View Post
Found this, it might help. You will need to add the 15% on top of the drink prices.

http://cruisewithgambee.com/norwegian-drink-lists/

Thanks Bentnail. I know my drinking patterns for alcohol well enough to estimate that(a glass or two of wine with meals, plus usually several mixed drinks and the hard stuff up until I go to my room). Spent time enough drinking with friends when I was in Colombia(business trip, for a trade show) to know how much I drink and what I drink. All that is left is plugging in prices.
Old January 6th, 2014, 05:50 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I'm not sure what you mean by Ultimate Beverage package, but if you mean either all you can drink soda pop; or all you can drink beer & wine, forget about buying it. First, as to the soda package, keep in mind that it ONLY covers pop (as us Midwesterners call it) or soda (for you southerners).; and only PEPSI products from a bar tap (not cans). It doesn't even cover the cans (like Sierra Mist) which you will find it in your stateroom fridge. At EVERY meal, you get all the milk, orange juice, coffee, cranberry juice, and a few others juice combinations that you want. And there is almost no time of day that at least one of the dining locations is not open. It might be a deal if you have kids and you don't care how much sugar they ingest; otherwise, skip it. As for the Beer/Wine package, do the math: you have to drink a hell of a lot or else it's a big expense. And keep in mind that it won't carry over to shore excursions. and many shore excursions already comp your beer and cheap rum, so unless you drink a lot, consider the math before you buy. Regarding price of beer/drinks, they range from $ 6 to $ 8, plus mandatory gratuity.
Old January 7th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Admiral

@matt foley, the NCL Ultimate Beverage Package covers spirits and mixed drinks up to $8.50, wine by the glass under $10, draft up to $5.95, bottled beer up to $5.50, and all fountain soda and juice for $49 a day, including on the ship and Great Stirrup Cay. Since I generally drink mixed drinks and liquor, and a glass or two of wine with meals, I do not see where it would take much to recoup the costs, since most of what I would drink runs between $7 and $9(in the case of wine). Like I said in a previous post, it is about plugging in the numbers as to whether you would use it, and I tend to hang out at the bars until closing(I choose a favorite bar and stick with it for the cruise normally).

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/fil...ge01032014.pdf
Old January 7th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

NCL Drink prices:

bottle of beer: $5.50

bottle of water: $2.50

soft drink: $2.10

Coffee (special): $2.50

Glass of wine: $6.25

Spirits (w/mixer): $6

Beverage package (basic with spirits, wine, beer, etc) $49/day
Old January 7th, 2014, 10:42 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
NCL Drink prices:

bottle of beer: $5.50

bottle of water: $2.50

soft drink: $2.10

Coffee (special): $2.50

Glass of wine: $6.25

Spirits (w/mixer): $6

Beverage package (basic with spirits, wine, beer, etc) $49/day
Actually, the wines run about $8 a glass from what I have found. As for beer, don't drink it much. Liquors vary on brand. Most of the cocktails I would drink run $7-$8. The first cruise I can consider this on is the Western Med next year. My roommate for the Bahamas one doesn't really drink.
Old January 8th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Yup - that is just where the wines start, but you are right that the next choice up the scale will likely be $8.00
Old January 8th, 2014, 09:39 PM
Admiral

@Paul I usually have a few preferences, and they rarely include any American wines(most California wines especially seem to be of inferior quality, at least to my tastes). I have a strong preference for French and Spanish wines. As for whiskeys, Canadian blended is my typical go to, since Irish and Scotch are often out of my reach. Aside from that, I typically drink mixed drinks. Not hard to drink enough when you prefer liquor, wine, and mixed drinks.
Old February 10th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad813 View Post
@Paul I usually have a few preferences, and they rarely include any American wines(most California wines especially seem to be of inferior quality, at least to my tastes). I have a strong preference for French and Spanish wines. As for whiskeys, Canadian blended is my typical go to, since Irish and Scotch are often out of my reach. Aside from that, I typically drink mixed drinks. Not hard to drink enough when you prefer liquor, wine, and mixed drinks.
My taste also, Most of the wines and liquor I drink are either not offered or above the threshold.