Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2014, 04:30 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Back from Getaway

Hello everyone. Sailed Norwegian Getaway on March 1st in a 2-Bedroom Family Suite in The Haven. We absolutely loved our experience. We hadn't sailed NCL in a while and thought they have done an amazing job crafting a unique cruise product unavailable elsewhere, especially the dining options, debarkation and creating an upscale experience in a secluded portion of the ship.

The Haven was a discovery for us and we are already thinking of booking another Haven experience. The 2-Bedroom Family Suite gave our family of 4 more space and convenience than we've ever had on a ship. The subdued atmosphere of the entire Haven complex also pleased us significantly. Even the kids (8 and 11) enjoyed the calm after time spent in the livelier parts of the ship.

The other two pluses were The Haven restaurant and butler service. Literally 2 minutes from our cabin, The Haven Restaurant food was very good and service top notch. And our butler Lucky was most helpful with special deliveries, even by the pool.

Click this link for my video tour of The Haven and our cabin.

The other highlight of our cruise was the dining. We did not eat in the MDRs once! We either did a specialty restaurant, The Haven Restaurant or the buffet a handful of times. Aside from dinner at the Illusionarium, which was too banquet-like for our taste, dining was excellent. We especially enjoyed Moderno and Ocean Blue, though we did not try all restaurants.

Finally, we liked the design of the ship. It's not gaudy or too flashy. It's refined in most places and tasteful. Only areas that we thought may have benefited from more attention are the Getaway Theatre (really bare bones) and the first deck of the atrium. Thought the Bistro entrance and pavement flooring clashed with the modern feel of the rest of the space.

Click this link for my video tour of the rest of the ship.

Overall, we're glad we sailed the ship. It's made us want to sail NCL again.
Sponsored Links
Old March 30th, 2014, 08:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I absolutely loved that family suite, way to go when cruising with a few kids, etc... Thanks for sharing your experience on Getaway

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 30th, 2014, 10:45 PM
Admiral

I was highly impressed by the Getaway when I did the inaugural cruise in February. Great crew and a well-designed ship. I didn't stay in The Haven but was given a tour of it with the other media members and travel agents on our cruise. It was impressive.
Old March 30th, 2014, 11:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Nice videos. Thanks for posting your review.

[url=http://www.cruisingtalk.com]
Next Up NCL Jade
Old March 31st, 2014, 11:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the review. Glad you had a great cruise. Maybe someday I'll get a chance to experience the Haven, but we still had a great time in our Minisuite!
Old April 4th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

I love the bathroom and shower overlooking the ocean. That must have been a very cool view.

[url=http://www.cruisingtalk.com]
Next Up NCL Jade