Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 20th, 2016, 06:20 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Getaway Cruise in December-Family of 3 with a toddler

Hello Fellow Cruise Lovers,

My family and I are leaving in December on the Getaway. Just a little background on our cruising past. 2 years ago we were on the Dawn(2015) for the first time on NCL. We normally cruise with Royal(5 cruises) and last year we were on the Disney. We've been on several cruises and very happy.

On the Dawn, we are able to bring bottle waters and milk(Lactaid) for my son 1years old as the time. He has a severe dairy intolerance and he only drinks a certain kind of milk. We were able to bring it on the ship with us just as long as we can carry it on. About a couple weeks ago, i was reading that NCL has changed that policy to where they no longer allow beverages to be brought into the boat via carryon. My question, do they allow beverage thermos to refill drinks? My husband drinks about half a gallon ofwater a day or even more. we have the UBP but it doesnt include water bottles. He is okay with the filtered water in the soda machine but he doesnt want to keep asking for a glass of water each time. Or does anyone suggest to buy the bottled water program they have online to be on the safe side. Im curious to find out what other people are doing.

Also, we are in a balcony cabin but willing to upgrade to a mini-suite if there is an advantage or perk to having a bigger room. ( Family of 3)

Does the sofa on the getaway become a twin size bed or even bigger. On the Dawn, the sofa converted into a bed that was slightly bigger than a normal twin and hoping it was the same way.

Also, what are your excursions suggestions for a 3 year old in Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman. Ive done some research but wanting to get some opinions of what other families have done.

Thank you so much for your suggestions and cant wait for your replies.
Sponsored Links
Old October 25th, 2016, 04:03 PM
First Mate

Most NCL ships have a couch or loveseat that makes into a bed. Have not sailed on Breakaway; but have been to Ocho Rios. I don't know if you want to chance going to the falls; which are nice and you can walk down them. We did a sightseeing tour of the area which included the falls.