Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Oceania Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 15th, 2003, 10:31 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default big savings

You have to love the latest offer from Oceania Cruises: 2 for 1 c4ruise fares and FRE air to Europe. Wow - does it get any better than that?

Sponsored Links
Old July 3rd, 2003, 03:20 PM
SF Sharon

Default Re: big savings

$599 plus port tax* for seven nights in Europe, oceanview. That's the lowest I've seen. What is the best price you have seen for the 2-for-1 including free air? Is it available in the highest categories, those with a balcony? That might indeed be better.
Old August 12th, 2003, 05:38 PM
Passenger

Im new to the cruise world, where would I find the 2/1 and free air deals, I want to take the Barcelona to Lisbon cruise Departing Oct 25. Thanks
Old August 14th, 2003, 04:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C

Try thier web site:
http://www.oceaniacruises.com

Old September 16th, 2003, 05:15 PM
Rich Wong

SF Sharon:

Note that the advertised prices are per person, and have already factored in the 2-for-1 discount.

Even so, I received an e-mail from Oceania offering the Insignia's 10-day inaugural cruise starting at $1399 per person for an inside cabin, so after deducting the $800 value of the free airfare, you'll get 10 days for only $599! But you gota book soon!

Richard
Old September 20th, 2003, 02:09 PM
Claudia

Default Re: Re: big savings

I don't think you can deduct the amount of $800 for airfare from the cruise ( although that would be a hell of a deal).. I asked about what the air credit was on a May cruise and was told $250. so you might want to check again..
Old September 21st, 2003, 07:48 PM
Dr Wong

According to my early, the value of the open-jaw airfare was around $800-900. I checked with Colleen at Oceania and she said that Oceania would credit us $600 per person if we booked our own airfare, which is a lot better than the $250 Claudia was offered. Therefore, anyone with over 40,000 in a frequent flyer account stands to get a pretty significant cruise credit - bathrobes all around!!!

We rushed to book the April 04 Insignia Inaugural cruise because we were told by an Oceania rep that the free airfare deal ended on Sept. 30. We received a recent e-mail from Oceania, however, advising us that the offer has been extended for cruises booked through October 31st.

Richard
Old September 21st, 2003, 08:02 PM
Passenger

John,
The October 25th trip has been sold out for months and I believe the wait list is closed, but you may want to call your TA to check....Anyone that wants Oceania should book asap as having only one ship they tend to sell out very early....
Sharon, Oceania does not go for 7 days to Europe so I am not sure what cruise line you were checking out..but I dont believe it was Oceania..
Richard, I do believe Colleen was incorrect on the air credit ..did you get what she said in writing?? Please email me for clarification..There are still a few dates available for free air and also 2 for 1 air..so call your TA as soon as possible if you are interested..
Jan
Cruzunlimited
Old September 25th, 2003, 12:51 AM
Dr Wong

You're right, Paul. It doesn't get much better than that! Oceania's current promotion earned it a 2nd place "Best Bargain of the Week" in Sunday's Travel section of the Washington Post! Glad we reserved our cabins when we did!
Old September 26th, 2003, 09:35 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: big savings

We were on the August 16th Baltic Cruise and used our mileage on United. We received $250.00 per person for the airfare we didn't use with Oceania.
Old September 28th, 2003, 02:20 AM
Dr Wong

Wonder why the credit is so much higher for the Mediterranean? (My agent doublechecked with Oceania and the actual amount is only $500 - the Oceania rep was apparently mistaken about the $600 figure).

BTW, I checked to see what Oceania charges for RT airfare on their regular season Med cruises, and it's a $799 add-on from Washington DC.
Old September 29th, 2003, 09:29 AM
Passenger

Richard,
For cruises with free air the the credit is $500 per person..for the 2 for 1 air it is $250 per person..
Jan
cruzunlimited
Old September 29th, 2003, 10:40 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Richard Wong Send a message via Yahoo to Richard Wong

Ah, now it all makes sense. :-)