CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Oceania Cruises (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/oceania-cruises/)
-   -   Past Guests (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/oceania-cruises/220366-past-guests.html)

Peter August 30th, 2003 11:47 PM

Past Guests

The early notices about Oceania were mailed to past Renaissance Guests. We had been on several R.cruises, including Seychelles and Kenya Safari (REN7), Athens to Singapore Relocation Cruise -35 days (REN5), Tahiti (R-4) and HK to Singapore via China, VietNam, Thailand. We were given to understand that past R-guests would receive certain benefits on Oceania. We have booked on Regatta Barcelona to Venice September 27but have not been informed of anything which is not also available to anyone.. Does anyone know if past R guests get any special treatment ?

Peter

Candice August 31st, 2003 10:59 AM

Re: Past Guests

Peter,

Past Ren guests were invited to sign up to be charter members of Oceania's Club. I believe that the deadline for that has expired. However, don't fret, I don't believe it's done anything. Maybe it will in the future. I think it will "entitle" you to promotions on "select sailings".....no biggie.

For a real benefit, you should join the Oceania Cruise Group on Yahoo. You'll get to meet cruisers going on your sailing and can exchange port and excursion information.
We prefer independent travel and hooked up with another few couples to create our own "tour groups" of 4 or 6 and then exchanged a lot of information online.
Additionally, if at least 20 people sign up, Oceania will throw you all a cocktail party. We had about 60 people at ours.

It was so much fun going onboard and having so many friends to hang out with!

Candice
7/5 inaugural

Tim Rubacky September 3rd, 2003 10:56 PM

Peter,

Former Ren passengers were automatically inducted into the Oceania Club as charter members. You will continue to recieve priority notice of special offers and once you sail aboard Regatta or Insignia, you will recieve a wide array of perks and special benefits such as exclusive offers, onboard recognition, cocktail parties and other benefits depending on the number of cruises you have taken with Oceania Cruises.

Warmest Regards,

Tim Rubacky
Oceania Cruises, Inc.

Peter September 5th, 2003 09:45 PM

Re: Re: Past Guests

Many Thanks: We were loyal to Ren until it's demise, when we temporarily switched to Holland America for their Antarctic cruise last year and now hope to re-join those ships with which we had become so familiar. We look forward to our Sept. 27 Barcelona to Venice cruise on ther Regatta.

Peter Terry,

weinpal September 10th, 2003 10:14 PM

Peter- I was on the 7/5 Regatta cruise and I believe that former Ren. cruisers on that trip were given some token shipboard credit- $100. or $200., I believe. I never made it to Ren. before they went under- we were booked on a Tahiti cruise just prior to the bankruptcy, but recouped most of our money thru our credit card company.

Regards,

Peter

(Dr. Peter A. LEvine)

Jeanne Chandler September 11th, 2003 10:57 AM

We were on the Aug. 2 Stockholm to London sailing and there was a very nice cocktail party at the end of the cruise for the former Regatta sailers - and now Oceania Club members. We enjoyed our trip so much that we and another couple have signed up for the February 6 Costa Rica - Miami cruise. It's a great itinerary and we're going 4 days early to get some extra time in Costa Rica. If you're thinking about doing this one, hurry with hotel reservations, as we discovered that a lot of the good places are already booked for the first week of February.

Jeanne

Peter September 12th, 2003 10:20 PM

Peter (Levine): Many thanks for your message. Sorry you missed Tahit: it was our last R-Cruise two years ago and I truly recommend it if Oceania include it. However, I am getting to an age when I no longer onfer enjoy those very long flights - we live on Long Island, NY.

Interesting about the Regatta shipboard credit offered to past REN cruisers. It was not offered to us, but maybe we will get a surprise.

Peter

Peter September 12th, 2003 10:29 PM

Jeanne: Many thanks for the information. To be truthful, I don't wish to sound like one of those freebee hunters and perhaps be responsible for Oceania to end up like Renaissance. I hope they make lots of money and keep those great ships running as efficiently asa their forerunners.
But a shipboard credit would have been nice, especially when some of us are now quite a lot worse off than before 9/11 !

Peter

Rich Wong September 16th, 2003 05:18 PM

The shipboard credit thing was kind of spotty - most previous Ren cruisers we met received a small cruise credit (as did we), but a handful didn't. Those who didn't tried to plead their case to the reception desk, but the front desk clerks said they had no power to award them. I think it depended on your travel agent providing the necessary information to Oceania's Miami offices prior to the cruise.

Anyhow, the cruise credit wasn't significant, as it was quickly devoured by the daily service charge of $21.00 per cabin per day.

Richard