Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Oceania Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 12th, 2003, 12:23 PM
bayhook

Default amenities

sailing on the Regatta from Lisbon on Nov 10th. Would appreciate any info on amenities (soap, shampoo, etc) furnished in the room, so i don't overpack. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old October 13th, 2003, 09:08 PM
Passenger

Default Re: amenities

We were on the Regatta in August and the soaps and shampoos were wonderful. They are spa quality. I understand that Regatta is putting robes in all the cabins also. The hair dryer is the type that is not good for thick or long hair. So you can bring your own unless you happened to book a suite which have better ones.
Old October 14th, 2003, 11:40 PM
Beginner

Hello fellow cruiser. My husband Ralph and I are taking the same cruise.

I have greatly benefitted from a message board on yahoo.com. The questions you are looking to answer have been thoroughly discussed there. Try it and see what you think. On the Yahoo home page, clik on groups. Then search for oceanacruiser (no space, and not oceania).

Once you join the group, you can also register for a free onboard party. The registration is on the LINKS page.

I'll look for more posts from you on this board, and that one too.

BTW, have you gotten your sailing credentials yet? Nothing here yet....
Old October 16th, 2003, 01:58 AM
Durant Imboden

The hair dryer in standard cabins is mounted on the bathroom wal; it has shaver plug-ins and--more important--a very long hose. This makes it great for blowing warm air on drip-dry laundry. Just lift the dryer head from the wall-mounted dryer, and it'll reach almost to the shower where your clothes are hanging.
Old October 17th, 2003, 01:16 PM
Claudia

Default Re: Re: amenities

The blow dryers are the same in all cabins.. those things on the wall. If you need to have power to dry your hair- bring your own.
Old October 20th, 2003, 12:52 AM
Dr Wong

Bath and hand soap are French-milled (whatever that means), with a pleasant orange-citrus scent. The staff will replace them about half-way through the cruise. On the bathroom counter is a small botttle of hand lotion with a non-offensive scent. (you may need to use that for the first few days aboard ship, as the overhead vent in your cabin operates 24/7, quickly drying out the air - it's great for reducing the characteristic at-sea humidity, but awful for your skin). Consequently, the one thing you will need to bring is something to moisturize your lips and face (I need to use unscented creams around my nose due to bad allergies).

In the shower are small matching bottles of shampoo, conditioner (in separate bottles, so you know it's a quality operation!), and bath gel. The staff will replace them as soon as they get low, so don't worry about bringing haircare products unless you need a specialized conditioner or shampoo for sensitive scalps (the sea kelp shampoo was a bit astringent). You should bring enough toothbrushes and toothpaste to last the full two weeks. We found our little travel size tube of toothpaste wasn't enough - my wife insisted that I brush at least twice, sometimes thrice, a day.

Richard