Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Oceania Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 17th, 2004, 01:39 PM
Pat O

Default Regatta, April 10, Barc - Venice

Does anyone have any suggestions on what excursions to book from the cruise line? Is it better to arrange private tours in certain cities? I have been on other cruise lines and some of the excursions are not worth the money. If you have any "inside scoop" please respond!
Sponsored Links
Old January 20th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Jacqueline Coleman

Default Re: Regatta, April 10, Barc - Venice

Pat....did you know about the cruise message board at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OceanaCruiser/messages
they are a very active group and talk about lots of tours, some private and some on the ship. I am also on the same cruise as you! My husband and myself have never been to Europe before so we are really looking forward to the trip. Jacqueline
Old January 30th, 2004, 09:29 AM
Pat O

Jacqueline - Thanks for the tip about the website. My husband and I have never been to Europe either. It is a present we are giving each other for our 50th Birthdays. I have signed up for the cocktail party and look forward to thanking you for responding to the inquiry. Bob and I are travelling from Boston.
Old January 31st, 2004, 08:30 PM
puntagordalady

Pat....I just found out you can order a video/dvd from Oceania's web site at no cost...should be fun watching! Jacqueline
Old February 1st, 2004, 08:11 PM
Peter m

Hello Pat,
I signed on for cocktail party in Oct., as did Jacqueline; since then only 8 others have come on board, even tho cruise has been virtually sold out. Do you think the other 650+ pax are
all tea-totallers ?

Back to original question, I told my wife if we took only 1 tour it would be to Avignon and Les Baux, sounded very interesting. However after surfing the boards for 5 months, I've convinced myself to use the train at most ports. I now believe we can do most tours for about 1/4 of ship cost. At Monaco we'll splurge and have rented car for the day to tour coast down To Antibes and villages like St.Paul de Vence and Eze.
As for for Avignon, we now plan to take train 13 miles to Aix-en-Provence and spend leisurely day there in a wonderful city, rather than sit on bus for 1 1/2 hours O.W., and possiblyu 4-5 hours all together.