Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Oceania Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 22nd, 2004, 03:25 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to TheSeaCruzer Send a message via Yahoo to TheSeaCruzer
Default So How Do We Get To The Ship?

After calling Oceania they have informed me that they are no longer providing transfers to and from Dover for our 6-14 sailing. My question is so how do we get from Gatwick or Heathrow to Dover? Any recomendations and ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Seth

Carnival Spirit - 4.03
Radiance of the Seas - 5.02
Grand Princess - 6.01
Ocean Princess - 4.00 (IS)
Carnival Triumph - 7.99 (I)
Mercury - 798
Zenith - 7.96
Dreamward - 7.94
Fantasy - 4.91
Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2004, 11:36 AM
First Mate

Default Re: So How Do We Get To The Ship?

Hi Seth:

I seem to be answering you on a different board each time.

Someone from the Yahoo board recommenden the company I have booked with. You can find them at centralexectravel.co.uk. I have not personally used them yet, but she had used them a couple of years ago, both for transportation to Dover and for a siteseeing tour. Their prices seem a little less than some of the other companies which people have recommended. I think that is because they are headquartered in Dover, rather than in London, so the cost of doing business is probably less.

With your group of four, getting a car makes much more sense than public transportation. It is also better than the cruiseline transportation, even if offered. Unless the transportation comes free with your airfare, the per person cost would probably be much higher. Also, I heard a couple of bad stories from those that used Oceania transport to Dover when we took our Dover-Barcelona cruise last September.

The minivan we have booked is supposed to carry 6 passengers. But, with luggage I was looking to add just two more people. However, they have even larger vehicles which could easily accommodate 6 plus luggage. The big issue, of course, airport and departure time.

BTW, if you are not already signed up with the Oceania board on Yahoo, please do so. Your 4 passengers would get us to the needed 20 for Oceania to throw us a cocktail party.

Marilyn
Old March 9th, 2004, 09:17 AM
Beginner

Try calling Port Promotions at 800-929-4548. They do transfers and shore excursions all over the world. Hope this helps.
Old March 25th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Brahmama

And there is a National Express Bus that takes you right to Dover. Also train service - but you have to get into London Proper (Victoria) to catch the train. and then a cab to the pier, but quite reasonable.
Old April 25th, 2004, 10:10 AM
claudia

Try Alpha limousines for airport transfers.. they were on time, waiting for us ...
http://www.alphalimos.com./
Old May 25th, 2004, 03:35 PM
claudia

If you haven't found a driver yet, we like to use Alpha limousines for Dover ( londone area tranfers)..
their website is:
http://www.alphalimos.com./