Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Oceania Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Catman

Default Regatta July 13, Share tours

Looking for travel partners to share private tours. Looking into Red October or Palladium for St. Petersburg. Both are cheaper, more comfortable and more individualized than ship's tours. Also interested in transfers from Dover to Gatwick.
Sponsored Links
Old May 25th, 2004, 08:20 PM
Evelyn Krohn

Default Re: Regatta July 13, Share tours

Hi
did I already reply to you?
If not, we are interested in a private tour in St. P
Let me hear from you
Old May 26th, 2004, 08:21 AM
Passenger

Hi
Still trying to contact you re Ragatta
Old May 27th, 2004, 10:39 PM
Passenger

Please tell me how you found Palladium.I checked them they are indeed less expensive ,. How do you know if they are well respecyed and reliable?
Are you still looking for a couple to share a car?
Old May 28th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Catman

Default Re: Re: Regatta July 13, Share tours

Hi Evelyn,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I have not had much success with postings on this Board so I stopped checking it as frequently as I used to.

Since no one answered my post in the 2 months it has been up , I made other arrangements. I met 2 other couples on the Oceana Board on Yahoo and we have made tour arrangements with Red October. Our group is now complete.

I found Palladium through postings on the Yahoo board and others. People were pleased with their service and my correspondence with Palladium was always answered promptly, thoroughly and in good English. I dealt with Alexei, who seems to be an owner. I cantacted the references I asked Alexei to send me and they were pleased with the service. If I had found another couple earlier, I probably would have booked with them.

If you go with Palladium, you will have to obtain your own visas at $100 a person. You are also expected to pay for meals for the driver and guide and you have to buy a $50 permit for the driver to enter the pier area to pick you up at the ship. These expenses bring the cost closer to that of Red October.

I think that Palladium probably provides a more personalized service than a company like Red October or Denrus but since I couldn't get anyone to join me and since there was an opportunity to save costs by joining with 2 other couple with Red October, I chose the latter.

I am still looking for a couple to share the cost of a limo from Dover to Gatwick on July 27. Interested?

Arnold
Old June 27th, 2004, 01:02 AM
Joanne and Joe

Hello,

My husband and I are interested in sharing tours, on the 7/13 Regatta sailing but I need to know if it is too late to contact Red October or Palladium to get a special visa.

Please help. My husband and I are new at this.

jspconcept@aol.com
Old June 27th, 2004, 11:42 PM
Catman

My own arrrangements are now complete. You probably still can make arrangements with either company but you don't need a visa if you use Red October. You will need to obtain your own visa from the Russian Embassy if you use Palladium, although Palladium may be somewhat cheaper than Red October for 2-4 people. Palladium will assist you with the paperwork. With only about 2 weeks to go, you better get moving. Two weeks may not be enough time to go with Palladium since you have to allow for the visa process.
Old June 29th, 2004, 04:12 PM
Sharon McCoy

I have had correspondence with Denrus and a tour with 5-6 people seems to be reasonable for 3 days covering all the good sights. If interested I will email all the details and prices. Denrus provides the Visa so it's much easier at this late date. They do not require any deposit before we get there.