Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Oceania Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 17th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Beginner

Default South America 12-05-04 / Insignia

Have any of you signed to sail on this trip? Will be flying from Phoenix Az. but don't have a schedual as to when yet. Am trying to figure out how to arrange my flight to get to Phoenix to where it ties in to the time schedule for the flight out that goes to Puerto Caldara, Costa Rica. Since it is still several months away we have not recieved anything form the ship line or our travel agent with this information. Since our weather can be quite bad in Dec. I am wondering if I should maybe go a day early and get a room and make sure I am there to catch the flight. How long of a flight is it form Phoenix to Puerto Caldara? Also depending on where everyone if flying in from, does the company that does the transfers , do several over the course of the day or are you required to go at a certain time. I remember seeing where you can board the ship around 4 in the afternoon so hopefully we can arrive in the afternoon to get all of this done. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Old November 7th, 2004, 05:43 PM
caclays

Default Re: South America 12-05-04 / Insignia

I just happened to log onto this website and see that you are going to be on the 12/05 Insignia cruise. My husband and I are also on this cruise. We are flying from San Francisco to Atlanta and then to Puerto Caldera. We had Oceania make our air arrangements. I have found four other couples who will also be on this cruise, on another message board. I doubt that the ship will be full. Is this your first Oceania cruise?
Old November 13th, 2004, 12:53 AM
Beginner

Also booked for 12/5/04 to South America. No reply from Oceania. I sailed from port on Princess a few years ago. Flight was PDX to LAX to SJO (San JOse, Costa, Rica); to holding compound in the country until time t o drive about 2 hrs +/- to port.

I would have preferred to see the city. Of course, the next day the ship would sell us a trip back.
Old November 13th, 2004, 12:58 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: South America 12-05-04 / Insignia

Hope to meet you folks on ship BUT I don't want to fly Delta to Atlanta to get to San Jose.
Old November 13th, 2004, 09:23 AM
Andee

You can pay $50 for air deviation and choose your own flights. That's what we did for our Oceania Venice to Athens cruise in October. Oceania had booked us on a flight getting to Venice at 6PM, and we picked one getting in at 9AM.