Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Oceania Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 11th, 2004, 04:24 PM
Cameo

Default Insigina 5/29/05

We are a group of 7 (3 of which are teenage cousins) and plan to arrange private guides at many ports. I have been to some of the destinations, but not others and have a few questions.

Does anyone have a recommendation for sailing out of Portofino for a coastal tour?

I have not been to Marseilles in many years, but understand that it has vastly improved. Would just spending the day in town be worthwhile? What would you recommend.

What about Ancona? I received some tour brochures from Marche, but still undecided.

Has anyone used Magical Spain for Cadiz, Sevilla or Barcelona?

I have always wanted to go to Eze, but do not want to drive that one. Last year's shore excursion that went there seemed too ambitious and included Nice and Cannes as well, which are not that interesting to me. I have not been to St. Paul de Vence, but it sounds charming. Should we just go there?

Any information is appreciated! Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old December 12th, 2004, 01:45 AM
Andee

Default Re: Insigina 5/29/05

In Ancona, we did a self guided historical walking tour that we enjoyed very much. We got the brochure from the Ancona Tourist Bureau rep who boarded the ship when we first docked.
Old December 12th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Passenger

We took a taxi in Marseilles to Aix en Provence. This year we booked taxi Durand to Arles and Les Baux. We haven't been to Eze but did go to St. Paul de Vence and loved it. We're going back to St. Paul this trip along with Nice and some other stops.
Joan
Old December 14th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Beginner

xo

Old January 26th, 2005, 06:04 PM
GIGI STREITWIESER

HELL-O THERE, I JUST FINISHED READING YOUR POST. THOUGH WE HAVE NOT PLANNED OUR SHORE EXCURSIONS YET. MY HUSBAND AND I ARE ALSO BOOKED ON THE INSIGNIA FOR MAY 29TH AND WERE HOPING TO MEET FELLOW PASSENGERS BEFORE BOARDING. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU. THANKS GIGI STREITWIESER