Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Oceania Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Passenger

Default Regatta, 2/26/06

Anyone on this cruise? We love the Regatta. This will be our third cruise on her. Our first two were, Stockholm to Dover, and Venice to Barcelona. We're looking forward to a nice relaxing Caribbean cruise. We live in So. Florida so this cruise is so convenient. We've been to a few of the ports. Love to hear from others on this cruise.
Joan
Sponsored Links
Old December 15th, 2005, 03:22 PM
Beginner

Hi,

We will be on the Regatta together in Feb. but what I would like is more information on your Dover/Stockholm trip. We have booked the Stockhom to Copenhagen for July. Hopefully we can met in Feb and you can give us some leads on tours.

Bonnie
Old December 19th, 2005, 04:36 AM
Passenger

Bonnie,
Let me know your itinerary and I'll try to help before Feb.
Joan
Old January 4th, 2006, 01:51 AM
Passenger

I would not sail on Oceania again ever! We have sailed with several other cruise companies and never found such a negative experience with pushy passengers who have an elitist attitude.

Oceania does a very poor job of people management which seems to encourage the pushy, rude and elitist crowd. Our embarkation was the worst! Straight out of a horror movie. Then ship management lied and blamed the 6 hour delay on the Coast Guard rather than admit that the ship had been damaged in crossing and the crew was busy sopping up wet, moldy carpets so the penthouse suite passengers wouldn't notice they were sleeping with mold growing under their bed. The damage occurred early enough for Oceania to have notified at least most of their passengers that embarkation was delayed. Instead Oceania left over 500 people in a room with chairs for about 100 people, and no food or water.

Passengers fought about just about everything from who was where in line to what position the chairs in the lounge should be. We actually witnessed two grown men in their sixies get into a chair shoving match. People constantly crowded into buffet lines like it was the last meal to be served. Arguements where a constant thing in the laundry room. Nasty comments were also very common place.

The Regatta needs an update. While its a well appointed ship, its furnishings show quite a bit of wear and tear and is not what I would expect of a cruise line touting itself as 5 stars.

You can read the good, the bad and the ugly for the month of Dec. 2005 at http://www.katablog.comKatablog. But be warned, Oceania is not all that its marketing people say!
Old January 5th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Passenger

katsuey,
I guess this means that you won't be joining us on the 02/26/06 Regatta cruise. Seriously, I'm sorry that you had such a bad experience on Oceania. We loved it.
Joan