Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Oceania Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 20th, 2005, 02:50 PM
Oceania Buffs

Default Regatta to Amazon Nov 26

We are three couples traveling on the Regatta in November to the Amazon. We are looking for a 4th couple who may be interested in sharing a taxi for some independent tours, rather than the standard cruise line tours. We are in our sixties, retired, semi professionals.
Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Moe & Cheri

Default Re: Regatta to Amazon Nov 26

Greeting Oceania Buffs,
If you have not yet found a fourth couple to share taxis, we (Moe & Cheri) would be very interested in doing so. We are both in our early sixty's and retired.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Moe & Cheri
Old September 12th, 2005, 05:58 PM
Beginner

Moe and Cheri,
We are arriving Miami on Nov 26, one day earlier. Would love to meet you both. Contact me at damicoj@ncweb.com so we can plan to meet.
John
Old September 20th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Beginner

Default Regatta Amazon Nov/05

We are also on the Regatta Amazon cruise in Nov. Have been in touch with a recommended tour company in Manaus re private tours while there. Tours would be in a/c van with 6-10 passenger capacity and English speaking guide. Anyone interested in joining us, please email us at molliem@shaw.ca and we'll send you info.

Elwin & Judie
Old September 22nd, 2005, 05:19 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Regatta Amazon Nov/05

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisehawk
We are also on the Regatta Amazon cruise in Nov. Have been in touch with a recommended tour company in Manaus re private tours while there. Tours would be in a/c van with 6-10 passenger capacity and English speaking guide. Anyone interested in joining us, please email us at molliem@shaw.ca and we'll send you info.

Elwin & Judie
Hi there,
I noticed by your email you are from western Canada. We are from Ottawa, On. Is this your first cruise with Oceania? It is with us. Where are you located?

Moe & Cheri
Old September 22nd, 2005, 11:51 AM
Beginner

Hi Moe and Cheri. We live in Coquitlam, a suburb of Vancouver. Yes we have cruised with Oceania before - May/June of this year Barcelona to Stockholm. We did private tours in Lisbon and St. Petersburg with two other couples from the Regatta - this worked really well and we saw absolutely everything scheduled, and more, during the tours.

We have great memories of our first cruise with Oceania, and are now looking forward to November's trip. We have enjoyed cruises with RCCL, HAL and Celebrity in past. However, the size of ships, casual elegance without formal nights, food, amenities, and efficient, friendly crew members draw us back to Oceania.

See you in November!

Elwin & Judie
Old September 22nd, 2005, 03:03 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisehawk
Hi Moe and Cheri. We live in Coquitlam, a suburb of Vancouver. Yes we have cruised with Oceania before - May/June of this year Barcelona to Stockholm. We did private tours in Lisbon and St. Petersburg with two other couples from the Regatta - this worked really well and we saw absolutely everything scheduled, and more, during the tours.

We have great memories of our first cruise with Oceania, and are now looking forward to November's trip. We have enjoyed cruises with RCCL, HAL and Celebrity in past. However, the size of ships, casual elegance without formal nights, food, amenities, and efficient, friendly crew members draw us back to Oceania.

See you in November!

Very familiar with Vancouver area, we have relatives in coquitlam, Port Coquitlom and my Wifes Brother lives in Maple Ridge. We've been to Vancouver many many times. We'll have lots in common when we meet. We are in room 4031.

This is our firsr on Oceania, we've been on Celebrity & Holland America.

Moe & Cheri
Elwin & Judie
Old September 27th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Beginner

Just saw this posting and wanted to reply that my husband and I are also on this cruise and might be interested in doing some joint excursions with other passengers instead of taking excursions offered through Oceania.

Don't know if I am too late in getting back to you with a response as it appears you might have already filled the open slots, but perhaps some of the tours could be expanded to a van that holds more pasengers?

If you are interested in having us join you, please e-mail me at "caclays@hotmail.com" with info. We are in our mid 60's, from N. Calif., and this will be our 3rd trip with Oceania and our 22nd cruise overall.

I generally monitor the Oceania boards on Yahoo and Cruise Critic, and only happened upon this board by accident (and dumb luck).