CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Oceania Cruises (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/oceania-cruises/)
-   -   Oceania Nautica Hong Kong (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/oceania-cruises/307902-oceania-nautica-hong-kong.html)

flips January 29th, 2006 12:10 PM

Oceania Nautica Hong Kong

I would love to get info on this ship and the Asia itinerary. When do you make reservations for the special dining rooms? Is there any advantage to bringing a laptop for e-mailing? Any other info would be great!
Flips

kitty2 January 29th, 2006 01:50 PM

You can make your reservation the first day if you want a specific night.
You can book anytime if you are not concerned what night you go.
You are allotted so many night in the specialty dining rooms according to your cabin assignment If you have a butler they can make the reservations for you so no need to line up.
I think now the PH suites can go as often as they like.

Not sure on the laptop but everyone complains how expensive it is and how slow the interent connection is.

You may find more info on the Yahoo groups

Anne Campbell January 30th, 2006 10:06 AM

I suggest you first go to CruiseMates' ship review area. Only two restaurants (steak and Italian) require reservations and you can make them the morning you want to dine there. You'll find itinerary information on www.oceaniacruises.com. Your travel agent can take care of everything else.

A fabulous ship, destination!

bonne femme March 8th, 2006 11:08 PM

We just returned from Nautica 02-05-06 sailling from Hong Kong to Bangkok and thoroughly enjoyed it. Ports were so great. Did shore excursions on our own and had some very positive experiences. The speciality restaurants are definitely worth booking as you come aboard and than daily to secure more space as available.
We didn't use internet on ship, as cost and speed unreasonable. Used internet cafe's a couple of times in port.
Margaret

gknopp April 1st, 2006 06:31 PM

we just took that trip...terrific.

i dont believe the ship offer wi fi. in general the internet service is terrible and too expensive for all but emergency use. it is a real weak spot on an otherwise terrific ship.

OceaniAlex May 8th, 2006 05:11 PM

WiFi is available on deck nine poolside and in or around the Oceania@Sea lab.

Category G-B1 will be offered one guaranteed reservation per restaurant for the duration of the cruise. Additional reservations may be requested, but will be on a first come first served.

Category A3-OS will be offered one guaranteed reservation per restaurant for the duration of the cruise. Additional reservations may be requested, but will be on a first come first served.

Restaurant reservations can be made throughout the cruise. At this time, no reservations are accepted prior to embarkation day.