Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Oceania Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Beginner

Default CRUISE ADVICE FOR HONEYMOONERS

ADVICE PLEASE! We are considering a cruise with Oceania on the Regatta in January 2007 for our honeymoon. We have a penthouse suite on hold - I think 8053 which is in the back of the ship right next to the owner's suite. We are 28 and 32 years old. Will we be bored on this ship? Would you suggest a different cruise line? Are the penthouse suites worth it? Any help or advice would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! THANKS!
Sponsored Links
Old May 19th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to kitty2

If you are looking for Vegas style shows and party type ship O is not for you.
If you like fine dining, great crew, port intensive cruise, few to no children , limited smoking areas, small ship experience ...then O is the cruiseline

I have not had Penthouse suite but they are sought after and usually sell out quickly.
Old May 19th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Beginner

Thanks for the reply. We are deciding between the penthouse suite on the Regatta or doing a Celebrity cruise on Galaxy in one of their suites. Which is better?
Old May 19th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to kitty2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jens
Thanks for the reply. We are deciding between the penthouse suite on the Regatta or doing a Celebrity cruise on Galaxy in one of their suites. Which is better?
I have not sail Celeb so cannot comment
I think they still have traditional dining (set times) Same table, same table mates everynight 6 pm or 8 pm (not sure exact times)

Oceania has anytime dining ...you can show up when you like between the dining hours I think 6:30pm to 10 pm you can choose to join people or a table for 2 , different tablemates each night or dine with new friends

I am sure no matter which you choose you will enjoy
Old May 21st, 2006, 11:37 PM
Admiral

I have had clients who have done Oceana and our granddaughter got married last December on Celebrity. Of the two, considering your ages I think Celebrity might be a little better match. Ocieana is slightly more upscale, falling into the luxury class of cruises. Celebrity is still mass market variety but a step above the others. The seating times for Celebrity is 6:15 or 8:30. if night life and a little younger crowd is what you want do not choose Oceana, but they do offer a truely first class cruise experience. NMNita
Old May 22nd, 2006, 05:57 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitt2
If you are looking for Vegas style shows and party type ship O is not for you.
If you like fine dining, great crew, port intensive cruise, few to no children , limited smoking areas, small ship experience ...then O is the cruiseline
Kitty is pretty well on in this assessment. The difference would be in the category of suite you have on Galaxy. If you have a Sky Suite on Deck 10 on Galaxy you will have a much smaller cabin. If you have a Sky Suite on Sky Deck you will have the same size cabin with a very large balcony. If you are talking about a Royal Suite, on Galaxy than there is no comparison. The Royal Suite is a far larger and IMO superior cabin than a Penthouse cabin on Oceania.

On both ships you will have butler service and can opt for dinner in your stateroom, if you so choose, the shore excursions will be a bit more expensive on Oceania but the open seating is a plus.

If you are looking for a more relaxed, intimate experience, then Oceania is your choice. If you are looking for a ship that is going to give you more activity and choices but with a more regimented cruise then Galaxy will be the choice.

If I was younger, first time cruisers and honeymooners I would go with the Sky Suite on Sky Deck, on Galaxy. Now I would go with the suite Oceania.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 5th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Beginner

We have been on Oceania Cruises many times. We recommend the cabins with verandas. Don't throw your money away on a suite.
If you think you will be bored with each other, get divorced before you leave - and go with someone else ! jk
You'll love the cruise together !