Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Oceania Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 4th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Beginner

Default Looking for info on Pre & post cruisehotels Rome & A

My husband and I are looking for moderately priced hotels for next Oct 2008. Any suggestuions? We are travelling on Oceania's Regatta. My TA doesn't seem to want to answer my questions as the cruise is a long way off. We have to wait and see what she has and if not, plan our own, pay air devaition and worry!

:roll:
Sponsored Links
Old January 18th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Beginner

Hi there,
We are on a Oceania Cruise (Venice to Rome) end of May 08... on the back end we are staying 3 nights in Rome. We booked the River Palace Hotel in Rome (3 star) as it is very close to the Spanish Steps and other attractions. Rooms are on the smaller side, but overall from what I have read, it is a very good hotel (we booked it thru NWA World Vacations at a discount lower than web or Expedia).

By the way, we are staying at the Hilton Rome Airport Hotel the night before our flight back to the USA as we have a 6:15 a.m. flight (ugh). Take care that if you have an early flight home, stay at the airport... and be aware of other hotels that are selling themselves as "at the airport" as the previous one we booked said that and was a 1/2 hour drive away (tripadvisor.com). The Hilton is the only one that is attached to the airport.

have fun!

Laura
Old February 8th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Admiral

I get the best results when I use Priceline's "Name Your Own Price" option....you pick hotels based on star ratings and neighborhood. I don't think it's much of a risk since Princeline only uses good hotels.
www.cruisingfromnewyork.com/
Cruise news, bargains, tips and commentary.
Old July 18th, 2008, 06:55 AM
Beginner

Default Rome Hotle in october...

Hi - Just joined the cruisemates message board. I am staying at the Academia Hotel in Rome in October, but would love to hear what else you have found. I wonted to be conveniently located near the Spanish steps...

We are staying one night.. have not been to Rome in many years.. We are on the Insignia... How do you plan to get to the port? Tha't's probably where you can save if you take their air.. We chose our own air.. maybe not the best idea inRome since the transport to the ship is so costly...
Old July 18th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Captain

Transfer are not included with O air ..if you are staying at a hotel near one of the one O uses you may be able to use their transfers for a fee.