Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Oceania Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Passenger

Default Convince Me

Hello Everyone, I am getting pretty hooked on cruises - did one in the Caribbean last Dec. and now going to Hawaii in May. Seriously thinking of booking one on the Insignia next year to Europe. Princess and Royal were my last two ships. Give me your advice or comments on going to Europe using the promotions 2 for 1 with air for husband and myself. Would really appreciate it since I take literally what you guys say. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old March 15th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I have been on two European Oceania cruises. I think they give you the best experience there is if your goal is to see Europe in comfort and convenience. Oceania offers very port-intensive itineraries with long stays in port (and in port almost daily).

They are a small cruise line so you get on and off quickly. They also have very comfortable but utile cabins, and extraordinary food.

You wake up in a new destination, stay in port all day, explore, come home, eat and sleep and get ready for a new day- new port. They were one of the few lines to stay in St Petersburg for three solid days instead of two.

There is little in onboard entertainment, but if that is what you wanted you could cruise the Caribbean. If your goal is see Europe, then go with Oceania.

One note - their tours can be a little pricey and the worst thing is that they may not provide shuttles even when docked in out of the way places- you pretty much have to book a tour.

On the upside - most places they go you do not need a shuttle or tour, you can get a cab or the train.

FYI: I have also been to Europe on Princess and had great experiences.

The key is to balance what you want to see on land with what you expect from the cruise line. With Oceania it is more about the destination than the vessel. They do have a SOLID fan base of repeat cruisers.