CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Oceania Cruises (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/oceania-cruises/)
-   -   Is Ocenia snooty? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/oceania-cruises/352953-ocenia-snooty.html)

cookie1207 July 1st, 2008 10:28 AM

Is Ocenia snooty?

We are regular on Celebrity Cruises fans but feel the food has declined and wondered about Oceania. I know food is our most important issue but I am concerned about prople being"snooty" on Ocenia. We have a TransAtlantic for March 2009 booked for a long time.

Will I feel out of place on Ocenia? We're just regular folks.

lulu48 July 1st, 2008 04:14 PM

You may find snooty people on any cruise line.
We have done 5 OCEANIA cruises and yes have met 1-2 people that were snooty but for the most part people are friendly.

I have never sailed on Celeb so cannot compare but I am sure you will enjoy O

We were booked on that cruise.... the Regatta will be going into drydock following the crossing so we could not continue on to the Med so we cancelled.
We will do the MED in May instead

enjoy the cruise

sptrout July 2nd, 2008 10:30 AM

We found the people to be very friendly and not that much different than Celebrity. I was rasied on a farm in Indiana and my wife is from a small town in Kentucky, so we can relate to being "just regular folks."

Ron n Jon July 5th, 2008 08:38 AM

You raise an interesting point. The misconception may be based on the thought that passengers of the premium cruise lines are perhaps wealthier and hence "snooty". But nothing could be further from the truth. We find that, by far, those of more affluent means tend to be more socially secure, unpretentious and therefore more open and friendly. And there being no formal evenings aboard Oceania can make for a more homogeneous social mix of passengers. Enjoy your cruise aboard Oceania with the thought that social fusion is a two way street.

joan24 July 5th, 2008 05:18 PM

I agree 100% with Ron n Jon. We've been on 3 Oceania cruises with a fourth in May. We met many very interesting and well traveled people. I wouldn't worry about people being snooty. Most of the people we met were friendly and enjoying their vacation. There's always a few people that you won't like, but that happens everywhere. Have a wonderful cruise.
Joan :D

Richard Belasco July 7th, 2008 06:56 PM

Not at all. We have been on 3 O cruises and are about to leave for another on. Aug 6th. We have found just the most down to earth people

Roberta12 July 29th, 2008 08:49 AM

We are about to cruise on Oceania for the 4th time and found the people very friendly and interesting. When we have dinner we always ask for a table of eight. There is always someone to talk to. There is an older group on these cruises, most people in their sixties and up, all well traveled with interesting stories to tell.

grammyof4 October 6th, 2008 10:51 AM

Thanks for asking this question. My husband and I are booked on our first O cruise in March too. Transatlantic to Barcelona, and were wondering if we'd feel out of place. We are a country raised couple who love to cruise. We thought we'd try this cruise line since we were offered such a good bargain.

If this is the same cruise you are booked on, it would be fun to compare our research. and perhaps to meet onboard. We are spending a few days in Barcelona after so I need to get busy researching accomodations, sights, etc.

Roberta12 October 6th, 2008 08:57 PM

We had a great time on the Nautica. People were very friendly and interesting. We met people from The UK, Australia,Holland as well as from the US. The food and accomodations were top rate. We were disapointed in missing Portifino and Mykonos/Delos due to rough seas and an inability to safely tender in. Otherwise a very enjoyable cruise. Several people who had traveled on Crystal compared it very favorably.