Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > Oceania Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 25th, 2008, 10:57 PM
Beginner

Default Athens to Rome Sept 4 2009

Is anyone interested in sharing shore excursions for this cruise? This is our first cruise so i am not sure exactly how it works. I understand that some offered by Oceana may be expensive - perhaps we can share or do our own thing? Especially interested in Sicily, Monaco, Amalfi, Pisa/Florence port stops. My husband and I are in our late 50s/early 60s and very active non-smokers. Pls give email and i can contact you directly. Also just interested in meeting fellow passengers of any age / background -- maybe to have dinner together some night.
Sponsored Links
Old September 25th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Captain

You might check the ports of call forum for info on private tours
We are doing a cruise in May with a private tour to Amalfi have not decided what to do in Liverno whether to go to Florence or not.

I am sure you will enjoy the cruise on Oceania it is our favourite line
Old January 2nd, 2009, 03:08 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to jmdpsca
Default Athens to Rome, 09/04/09

We are booked on this cruise, we were on Oceania Regatta last year from London to Rome and had a great time, we are going with a couple we met on that cruise. We are leaving for Athens, from Palm Springs, Ca, on August 31, in Athens for 3 nights at the Westin Astir Palace, and staying in Tuscany for 2 weeks after cruise. I'm in my early 50's my husband mid 60's, very active, non smokers, and like to explore independently from the ship excusions. We have been to alot of these ports on previous, cruise on Crystal. My email address is: jmdpsca@yahoo,com.
Old July 25th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Beginner

Default Pompeii/Mt Vesuvius Tour

I got some information on a Mt. Vesuvius Pompeii tour. Details are below. The whole tour is approx 8-9 hours. They will pick us up and drop us off at the dock. They can suggest a couple of different places where we can go for lunch. If for some reason, the boat doesn't wind up docking in Sorrento, we will not be charged for the tour. If for some reason, we are rerouted to dock in Naples, I can just call them ahead of time and let them know. I researched the tour company and they have gotten good reviews... check out the link:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic..._Campania.html

So far, we have myself and my husband interested. If anyone else might be interested, please reply to the thread and we can get this coordinated.

Karen

The cost of the Pompeii and Vesuvius tour is Euro 300 (from 1 to 3 people), Euro 350 (from 4 to 6 people)euro 400 (from 7 to 8 people)

The price includes a vehicle (Mercedes van full a/c) and English speaking
driver, highway tolls, car fuel, parking.
Exclude entrance fees, lunch, licensed guide for Pompeii site and
gratuities.
If interested in hire a licensed guide for Pompeii site, the cost id Euro