Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Open Debate
Register Forgot Password?

Open Debate The only forum to discuss politics and religion. Please keep it civil.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 13th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Kuki, I thought it was understood that the money would come from us. Just like your health care is not free. Someone always has to pay.

As far as politicians who lie. I am one who believes the best in people, until they are caught in a lie. We could all just throw up our hands, and let things just happen, but that isn't the American way, or at least it shouldn't be.

The best possible world would be for us to all work together for the better good, but I see less and less of that everyday.

I am glad that all of you get to choose who you want for president. I just ask that you do your homework. I watched 1 hour of news tonight, and found 3 lies, that are easily checked, about Rommney. I say tell the truth, unless you have something to hide.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 13th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul B View Post
Obama has already had one term and has made things worse. Why give him another to screw up things even more? When people mention the millionares whom they believe don't pay enough taxes, why don't they mention the 50% of all Americans who pay NO income taxes?

The social security program has to change. If it doesn't, there will be no money to pay those presently under 55 when they retire.
Things sometimes have to get worse before they can get better look how bad they were four years ago. So let’s ping pong it back to the republicans? I’m not an Obama fan by any means but Romney is not right for the job either. There’s many thing wrong with the country starting with “Free Trade” as well as tax issues on the rich and everyone I’m sure agrees that the SS needs to be fixed after all it’s been going broke for how long now.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old August 13th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Admiral

[QUOTE=Luanne Russo;1442125]
The best possible world would be for us to all work together for the better good, but I see less and less of that everyday.

QUOTE]

I am in complete agreement with that statement.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old August 13th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Admiral

Default LuAnne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
Read about it Henry!!! It is not true that it will hurt seniors. You are contributing to the lies, and untruths.

Once again you are living in a dream world .
Old August 13th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Admiral

[QUOTE=Manuel;1442128]
Quote:

QUOTE]

I am in complete agreement with that statement.

TM
I couldn't agree more! Its the only way we can make things better.

~Robin~

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old August 13th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Admiral

Henry, Read the plan... Then comment
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old August 13th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Admiral

Default Texas

Quote:
Henry, Read the plan... Then comment

One of my closest friends ,a prominent attorney in Texas is very pro Romney /Ryan . We have been discussing our differences since Ryan became the VP candidate .

However ,I choose not to discuss this with you .We do not agree on anything and even when I've e-mailed you so that we don't take up room on the boards you could not understand or were not willing to understand my point of view .
Old August 13th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Admiral

Quote:
The Ryan plan says "If you are over the age of 55, your plan will not change." " In a few years, those under 55 will be given money to pay for your own health care." This will save Medicare, not kill it, and no granny's over the cliff. If you want to read Ryan's plan, Google it. It is on line.
That is all well and fine if you really believe that the money provided will cover even a fraction of the cost of a decent insurance policy. I have no faith that providers will show any more charitable inclanations than they do now.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old August 13th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Admiral

The Ryan plan says, screw all the poor and middle class people.
If you get sick that is your problem.

We can't waste money on the poor because we have to give the rich a big tax cut.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Old August 13th, 2012, 11:11 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to KellyKayden

Kelly for presidet!!!
"Can't we all just get along?...and cruise"
:-D

"A painter paints pictures on a canvas, but musicians paint their pictures on silence"

Leopold Stokowski
Old August 13th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Admiral

Yes Kelly we can all get along, here on CM.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Old August 13th, 2012, 11:26 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to KellyKayden

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuel View Post
yes kelly we can all get along, here on cm.

tm
:d:d:d:d:d:d

ok...those are supposed to be happy faces, but they don't look that way on my computer now

"A painter paints pictures on a canvas, but musicians paint their pictures on silence"

Leopold Stokowski
Old August 13th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Admiral

If everyone thought the same way we'd all be robots .
Old August 14th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Admiral

Henry and Manuel, I am with LuAnne and can't understand your point of view either. I only know that the nation is worse off now than it was when Obama took office, and that changes must be made to both Medicare and Social Security or neither will remain viable.

You can tax the rich at 50% or more and the additional income won't be sufficient to keep our country solvent. Unless, that is, that the rich suddenly become everyone making more than $100,000 which, I believe, is what Obama really wants.
Old August 14th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Admiral

From The Daily Beast:

Will Mitt Romney regret choosing Paul Ryan as his running mate? The announcement that the Wisconsin congressman will join the Republican ticket as vice president garnered one of the least positive reactions in history, a new USA Today/Gallup poll reports. While four in 10 Americans rate the selection as “excellent” or “pretty good,” 42 percent call Ryan an “only fair” or “poor choice.” Only the selection of Dan Quayle in 1988 rated worse. Potentially more concerning: Almost six in 10 respondents said they were not familiar enough with Ryan to offer an opinion about him.

Old August 14th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Admiral

Doug,

Actually that's quite an intelligent decision about the unfamiliararity of Ryan with the public. This way people will be their own judge about his qualifications, etc. People won't have to have those brilliant "Politicql Talking Heads" tell them how to vote! People will have to themselves check the candidate out.

Novel idea, huh?
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old August 14th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Admiral

The headlines in this mornings paper says that starting late Oct. pink slips will be going out for over 40,000 people here. Some of the towns that surround Fort Hood have been here for 50 more years, but are supported by the men and women who call it home. This means no more shopping at the local stores, because most will leave the area for other work.

This will be a trickle down effect, and will hurt not only businesses but schools etc.

I don't care if Rommey, and Ryan have pointy tails, I can not, and will not support a man, who takes the glory, but could care less about the men and women who gave all, who did without, who stayed poor, to defend this country.

I down loaded a document that shows what President Obama spent in the last couple of years. It is sick!!!

This is only our area. Do you have a military base in your area? They will be hit just as hard, which means your area of business.

That is why I keep saying do your homework!!

I get the fact that we have our first black president. I was happy that it had finally happened. I am an independent, so I was not unhappy when a demo got the job in 08, but what has he done, and what will he keep doing?

I am afraid that America has once again become to comfortable with our freedom. Right now Obama is using words to fight, what if you need trained men to do the job?

FYI Hasan is sitting in a court room this morning. He will not get a pink slip, and continues to make close to 12,000 dollars each month, with free room and board.

If I was a muslim extremest I would be laughing my a** off at those stupid Americans.

The enemy didn't defeat us, our own gov did.

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old August 14th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Admiral

Default Paul B

Quote:
Henry and Manuel, I am with LuAnne and can't understand your point of view either. I only know that the nation is worse off now than it was when Obama took office, and that changes must be made to both Medicare and Social Security or neither will remain viable.

You can tax the rich at 50% or more and the additional income won't be sufficient to keep our country solvent. Unless, that is, that the rich suddenly become everyone making more than $100,000 which, I believe, is what Obama really wants.
I am not a fan of Obama or Romney .I will do as I have done in every election and vote for the lesser of 2 evils .I could do a write or or vote for a minority candidate but when it comes to November 6 ,its likely going to be Barry or Willard .
Old August 14th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Admiral

Quote:
The headlines in this mornings paper says that starting late Oct. pink slips will be going out for over 40,000 people here. Some of the towns that surround Fort Hood have been here for 50 more years, but are supported by the men and women who call it home. This means no more shopping at the local stores, because most will leave the area for other work.

This will be a trickle down effect, and will hurt not only businesses but schools etc.

I don't care if Rommey, and Ryan have pointy tails, I can not, and will not support a man, who takes the glory, but could care less about the men and women who gave all, who did without, who stayed poor, to defend this country.

I down loaded a document that shows what President Obama spent in the last couple of years. It is sick!!!

This is only our area. Do you have a military base in your area? They will be hit just as hard, which means your area of business.

That is why I keep saying do your homework!!

I get the fact that we have our first black president. I was happy that it had finally happened. I am an independent, so I was not unhappy when a demo got the job in 08, but what has he done, and what will he keep doing?

I am afraid that America has once again become to comfortable with our freedom. Right now Obama is using words to fight, what if you need trained men to do the job?

FYI Hasan is sitting in a court room this morning. He will not get a pink slip, and continues to make close to 12,000 dollars each month, with free room and board.

If I was a muslim extremest I would be laughing my a** off at those stupid Americans.

The enemy didn't defeat us, our own gov did.
Here is the quote from the newspaper you cite:

As many as 40,000 soldiers and defense employees in Bell County will get pink slips this fall unless Congress acts to avert massive across-the-board spending cuts in January, U.S. Rep. John Carter said Monday in Temple.

Please note this is the opinion of one congressman, which runs counter to the established facts. The deadline is January and no decisions on layoff wil be made until it is final. Government, including DOD is funded through March. Since neither side really wants this to take place, there will probably be a comprimise, albeit probably at the last second. If it is at the last second there could potentially be layoff notices like the one I got during the budget follies this spring. This sequestration formula was agreed to on an unanamous bipartisan vote, including Rep Paul Ryan. It is a worse case scenario with the intent of spurring a bipartisan compromise. Will there be cuts? No doubt. Will DOD suffer half of the cuts? I doubt it so much I would bet on it.

With all due respect to Rep Carter, this is just campaign hyperbole. However it is a good wake up call. It is time for compromise.

By the way I take a balanced political stance -- Anyone who disagrees with me on the left is a Commie, anyone who disagrees with me on the right is a Teabag Wingnut.

Last edited by DougR.; August 14th, 2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old August 14th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Luanne... did the article state why that's going to happen?

It's a result of the sequestration vote that BOTH parties voted for.

The "bright idea" that all of it would be so distasteful to both parties that it would force them to negotiate an acutual attempt at a real solution.

Of course the congress has proven they are not willing to negotiate in good faith on anything.

The law requires notice be given in the event sequestration becomes law.

One can hope (and I believe) neither side will let it happen. They will once again come up with a short term "deal" to avoid it, but just kick it down the road sick months... as they have done with nearly every crisis they've dealt with.

What is disengenious however is the Republicans talking about what a disaster sequestration would be, like they had nothing to do with it, when they voted for it, right in step with the democrats.

Neither side wanted it, but it was another really stupid thing they all came up with to avoid dealing with any of it in a serious manner , and all it did was buy them a few months until now it is coming back to bite them in their collective rears.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old August 14th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH View Post
Doug,

Actually that's quite an intelligent decision about the unfamiliararity of Ryan with the public. This way people will be their own judge about his qualifications, etc. People won't have to have those brilliant "Politicql Talking Heads" tell them how to vote! People will have to themselves check the candidate out.

Novel idea, huh?
In other words blow smoke up people's butts.

If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, dazzle them with your BS.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Old August 14th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Admiral

Personally I’m sick of all of them trying to get us to vote for them by using the scare tactics. They depend on us to be scared.

~Robin~

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old August 14th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Admiral

You are absolutely right, Manuel.

But at least the person gets elected (or not) based on their own BS and not on someone else's.

To paraphrase George Patton, "I love it.........God how I love it so!"
Old August 14th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Admiral

Default Its nothing new

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogirl View Post
Personally I’m sick of all of them trying to get us to vote for them by using the scare tactics. They depend on us to be scared.

In the 60's people voted for LBJ fearing Goldwater .
Old August 15th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Captain

Quote:
I only know that the nation is worse off now than it was when Obama took office.
I don't know how to quantify "worse", but it's always helpful to consider facts. Bear in mind, a major recession was in progress when President Obama took office. You might complain that things aren't changing fast enough, but it's hard to see how anybody could argue that things are "worse" than they were in the dark era of 2008.

Comparing Jan. 20, 2009 to August 15, 2012:

Then: Worst recession in 75 years.
Now: Recession is over.

Then: 13 straight months of job losses.
Now: 27 straight months of job increases.

Then: Dow Jones Industrial Average - 7949
Now: Dow Jones Industrial Average - 13,157

Then: $1.4 trillion deficit
Now: $1.3 trillion deficit

Then: General Motors and Chrysler on the brink of extinction
Now: General Motors and Chrysler profitable

Then: Two wars
Now: One war with an exit strategy

Then: Osama Bin Laden on the loose and mocking the United States
Now: Osama Bin Laden DEAD
Old August 15th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Admiral

Aidan,

Where did you get your facts? Did you put it together, or is in on line somewhere. Some do not match the facts I have seen.

Thanks

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old August 15th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Captain

I dont think Obama has done a "bad job". I think he hasnt done enough of a "good job". I doubt the other guys, given similar circumstances, could do a "good job" either.

If the house and senate turn mid-term, no President can do a "good job"... hes essentially handcuffed for two years. I do agree that the current administration did inherit a MASSIVE screw up caused by the previous administration (administrationS?).... the train was headed off the tracks before the election, and its just smoke and mirrors to say anything otherwise.

If the bickering doesnt stop, the derailed train is going to BLOW UP, and it will not be the fault of the Democrats or the Republicans, it will be BOTH EQUALLY, (and OURS for allowing it). Do whats right for the country, please. Leave the partisan BS out of it.
Old August 15th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Admiral

In reply to Aidan. On just ONE of the topics you mention. How many people were unemployed "back then" and how many are unemployed today?
Old August 16th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH View Post
In reply to Aidan. On just ONE of the topics you mention. How many people were unemployed "back then" and how many are unemployed today?
As long as we keep on buying everything made in China there will be high unemployment.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Old August 16th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Admiral

Does this not say something about the benefits of term limits? If he did a so so job, wouldn't it benefit us to see what the next guy would do?
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008