Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Open Debate
Register Forgot Password?

Open Debate The only forum to discuss politics and religion. Please keep it civil.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2012, 01:51 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Open Debate - IMPORTANT: READ THIS AGAIN

This is not an "anything goes" area. We still have the same rules of moderation we have in all other forums and those rules also apply here. We expect courtesy and respect even when there is a difference of opinion.

Name calling and other insulting characterizations, personal or otherwise, will not be tolerated.

Please enjoy a thought provoking and interesting debate.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me

Last edited by Mike M; August 25th, 2012 at 02:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2012, 10:03 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to KellyKayden

wow...this is a gutsy little forum eh? ;-)

"A painter paints pictures on a canvas, but musicians paint their pictures on silence"

Leopold Stokowski
Old September 18th, 2012, 11:44 PM
Admiral

Personally I think there is a good reason for this forum and that is to try to keep political crap from ruining perfectly good threads and forums elsewhere.

For that, it is both gutsy and brilliant.
Old September 19th, 2012, 12:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by zydecocruiser View Post
Personally I think there is a good reason for this forum and that is to try to keep political crap from ruining perfectly good threads and forums elsewhere.

For that, it is both gutsy and brilliant.
And I'd bet that when this hyper-political season is over this particular board folder will go away too
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old September 19th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Admiral

After Nov.6 ,there will be people discussing future elections .
Old September 19th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Admiral

I think first there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth on sour grapes. But then they will realize that after 4 more years re-elected President Obama will be stepping down.
Old September 21st, 2012, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Perhaps there will be a constitutional amendment allowing an additional term .This would be similiar to Mayor Bloomberg in NYC getting a third term.
Old September 21st, 2012, 01:55 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers Fan View Post
Perhaps there will be a constitutional amendment allowing an additional term .This would be similiar to Mayor Bloomberg in NYC getting a third term.

...and I support Obama!
Old September 22nd, 2012, 04:03 PM
Admiral

As I sit here and mull this thread, I think to myself... am I better off than I was four years ago?? Even with all of the graciousness of God, our Father, I have to state that the current party in the American White House actually tried, and to certain extents has succeeded, in taking away all that God has given me and my brothers and sisters of this Great Nation! Amendment #1 - prohibition of free speech, religion. DONE! Amendment #2 - right of the people to bear arms. DONE! Amendment #3 - soldiers in quarters without owner's consent. DONE! Amendment #4 - guard against warrantless search and/or seizure. DONE! Amendment #5 - illegal arrest. DONE! Amendment #6 - Speedy trial. DONE! Amendment # 7 - Trial by jury. DONE! Amendment # 8 - excessive bail. DONE! Amendment # 9 - deny rights to the people. DONE! Amendment #10 - states' powers removed. DONE! Amendment #11 - states' electorial votes. IN PROCESS! Amendment #12 - slavery back. DONE! Amendment #14 - rebel aginst USA as governmental leader of USA. DONE! Amendment #15 - voting rights. DONE! Amendment #16 - tax collection. IMPROVED! Amendment # 17 - number of senators from each state. Left alone. Amendment #18 - alcohol. Left alone. Amendment #19 - voting denied. DONE! Amendment #20 - term limitations. Left alone.

No! I am not better off now than I was four years ago!!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 10:14 PM
Admiral

I am better off than I was 4 years ago and every American who re-elects Obama will say the same thing by electing him as President .
Old September 22nd, 2012, 10:20 PM
Admiral

I am better off ( with the exception of being older ), then I was 4 years ago.
We bought a new home in a beautiful community, we have friends here and all my family is doing well.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old September 22nd, 2012, 10:23 PM
Admiral

Four years ago I had not as yet met a person on CM who is now one of my very closest friends .

Four years ago I had hope for this country after living through the bush regime .The bush regime destroyed humanity .
Old April 10th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default A reminder

Some people have been banned here lately for a simple reason.

There has been FAR too much personal attacking going on here. Especially on me, personally, to be truthful.

This is not about censorship, because these people can come back, it is about respecting the rules that we have against not writing insulting characterizations, (that means name-calling, or using derogatory, pejorative adjectives) against other posters. Some words are acceptable if they refer to groups of people and are not derogatory, and if they have a point, but gratuitous name-calling is just not part of the deal here.

I am the editor here, and if I express an opinion you have the right to question my political conclusions. But you do not have the right to question anything else about me personally, such as whether or not I am biased on moderation here.

The fact is that this Open Debate Area has been open for six months, and have I warned certain people repeatedly, time and time again that they were over the line in their comments to me and never banned them. That alone is proof that I do not moderate with a bias.

Furthermore, I am fully outnumbered here even on my staff politically (and I still respect each and every one of them) - so even if I was biased there are plenty of other staff members here with equal authority to moderate the people you may think I miss.

So, the bottom line is this - arguing or questioning to judgement and/or decisions of moderators is not allowed here. neither is questioning our job performance in other parts of the site. We have our own lives, and our own responsibilities and motivations, and we do NOT have any onus to explain ourselves to you.

Frankly - being called names is demeaning, and we don't do it to you, so we expect the same respect in return. Disagreeing with us politically is no excuse for rudeness, not here, not EVER, in my opinion.

Furthermore, there have been people mixing up the fact I have a job here with my opinions. Discussing my job performance here is not allowed. I don't come to YOUR workplace and criticize your job performance. I expect the same respect. Once again, I have reasons for everything I do, I make mistakes, but I don't have to explain the reason why to you. If you come here to use our site, show us the common courtesy of treating us like gracious hosts, not adversaries.

And if you think what I have just written is a bad policy - my response is that I don't seem to get the same job criticism from people who agree with me politically. And that should be all I need to say.

Keep the discussion on topic, NOT personal, and do not use derogatory words in a personal way. This is an area for serious adult discussion, not for taunting people on a personal level. If you don't understand that, just don't post here.

Thank you.
Closed Thread